Chapter fourteen: More about us

So I've decided to add in more Defenders (Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Jessica Jones, Matt Murdock) because I feel like it gives Danny more of a personality to have friends outside of S.H.I.E.L.D. Plus, I like all of those characters.
^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
Chapter fourteen: Joy

I was glad, when my phone finally buzzed. It was Sam, which was even better.

Hero Boy (Sam): Iron Fist is meeting you on top of the Oscorp Building. On a rooftop, how cliché right?

I couldn't get up quickly enough.

"Dad, I'm feeling a little tired. I think I'm going to head to my room okay?" George jumped up.

"No, Ms. Osborn, please stay. I must know more about you."

"Now now, let the girl get some rest. We can deal with this tomorrow." Sending Dad a grateful smile, I ran up the stairs, all the way to the roof. I couldn't get there fast enough, either because I couldn't stand George or....for some other reason. A reason I didn't know.

"Iron Fist." There he sat, on the edge of the building, looking out into the city.

"Why did you ask to speak with me?" He asked quietly, as I walked forward.

"I don't know.....I just felt like I should."

"Why me? Why not your boyfriend?" He said your boyfriend with such venom...

"I don't know, maybe because I wanted to hear someone else's opinion. I mean, you already put so much of your opinion on my life so why not right?"  I lied.

"Why Nova?!" I frowned. Was this guy still on me for dating Sam?

"I just want to talk about the first night you saved me alright?! Can you do that and leave Nova out of this?!" I glared at him, not really wanting to get into my personal relationships right now.

"Do you remember that night?" I asked, taking a deep breath. Iron Fist stood up and turned toward me.

"Of course I do. You were on a date. Beetle attacked you. Spiderman and I saved you." Personally I thought Iron Fist did most of the work, and Spiderman just joked around, but if he wants to share the credit.

"There was something else too. You knew I brought the vampire shadow things and you knew I could get rid of them." Silence. He was thinking, listening.

"Did I know you?"

"Don't you mean do you know me?"

"No, I mean did. I don't remember most of my life...but I remember some of it..and I think I knew you." He was silent, which made my heart sink. I wanted someone who might not give such a negative view on my life.

"You did. I was surprised when you did not recognize me." Iron Fist finally spoke up. My eyes widened. My picture...it meant something. I did know him!!!

"I did? So, can you tell me what happened after I got away from Dracula?" Something told me he had no idea what I was talking about with the Dracula thing, but he shook his head, which confused me even more.

"I was forbidden from explaining things until you remembered on your own." I frowned.

"So I have to remember my whole life before you can answer anything for me?"

"Yes. The monks ordered me never to tell you if we ever met again, even the smallest detail. I am sorry Joy." I growled.

"Well you told me that I knew you, so clearly you don't care what they say." He sighed.