Chapter fifteen: Battle Scars

Chapter fifteen: Danny

They say not all who wander are lost....but I was most definitely lost.

It was not so much that I could not live without her; I had managed to do that fine for the years she was gone. It was more than fact I had to watch as Sam pretend to love her, gloating and skipping around like he's king of the world, with her at his side.

I don't even understand what she sees in him. Maybe if it was Luke or anyone else then maybe I wouldn't be so bothered by this. But Sam...he's just so....so...

"Ugh." I said, sitting down at our lunch table.

"Ugh?" Ava asked.

"You know, I'm pretty sure that's the most normal thing Danny has ever said." Peter said, earning a chuckle from Luke.

"It's the most un-zen thing he's said since I met him." Luke added in, and I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood for this.

"Did he just...? I think he did....he rolled his eyes!!" Peter let out a dramatic gasp and again I rolled my eyes. Nothing was serious with this group, and it was starting to be annoying.

"Alright guys, lay off Danny. He's clearly upset about something--." Glaring at Ava, I slammed my fists on the table, standing up.

"You think Ms. Ayala?! Of course I'm upset about something, I'm upset by the fact that I am surrounded by complete and total idiots, I'm upset by the fact you all never take anything seriously, everything is just one big stupid joke to you!! Oh haha, Danny got mad, how amusing!!" I snapped, storming off. I really didn't care what the Monks said about anger right now. I filled with it, it had consumed me, and I was in no hurry to calm down. Why should I? I had every right to be mad.

"Danny, hold up!!"

"Peter, I am not in the mood."

"Well get in the mood because we need to talk."

"We don't have to do anything. I have the right to my space." I heard him sigh behind me.

"Are you seriously going a wall over a girl?" I stopped, clenching my fist tightly. Why couldn't anyone understand that she wasn't just a girl?

"No."

"Um, have you looked in a mirror lately? You kind of are!!"

"I am perfectly fine."

"You are perfectly crazy!! Snapping at Ava like that? Glaring at Sam whenever he breathes!! I mean, I get why someone would hate him but come on, give the guy a little slack." Peter said, walking closer and closer to me. I frowned.

"I've been to K'un L'un and honestly, I hope they taught you coping skills or something other than how to give someone a K'unckle sandwich."

"I am coping."

"Terribly. Look, just because you lost someone doesn't mean you can go off the deep end. You need to let her go Danny. Stop following her at night, don't try and break her and Sam up, just let her lead her own life." I frowned. How much did I tell Peter? I didn't think I told him this much....

Murdock. I was going to kill him next time I saw him.

"Have you been following me?" I asked, just to be sure.

"What? No!! I'm not your..." Fighting back the urge to punch him, I turned to look at him.

"Next time the Devil pays you a visit, do me a favor and tell him to butt the hell out of my life!! He is not my father so he can stop acting like it!!" I once again stormed away from him, just barley hearing what he said next.

An Iron Fist for an Iron Maiden (A Danny Rand Fan Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें