Chapter ten: Merry Christmas to me.

Chapter ten: Joy

When I told Sam we couldn't date because of his heroing and such, he, naturally, wasn't happy. He was especially mad to learn that I had gotten this idea when Iron Fist talked to me the night before.

Then I heard from Harry that Danny was seen fighting Sam. Again.

Wait. Did that mean Danny was--?

"Hello? Osborns? Your amazingly, spectacular, friendly neighborhood-."

"We get it Pete, you're here." Harry said, walking down the stairs. 

"Well, I just wanted to make sure." Peter said, walking over with Mary Jane (MJ), a girl who I'm pretty sure both boys like.

Poor MJ.

"Trust me. I could hear you coming a mile away. Do you ever close your mouth?"

"Nope." He said, plopping in the seat next to me. In the spirt of Christmas, Harry invited both of his closest friends for a movie marathon. It was a Snow Day, so all Peter and MJ had to do was catch a taxi. Apparently Pete called Danny to get a ride. 

Oh, did I mention I learned his name? After Iron Fist came to visit, it kinda just clicked.

"You sound proud of that." I said.

"I am. It annoys my enemies, plus it makes me sound awesome." Conceited much?

"Just put in the movie, I want to get to school by third period at the latest." Mj said. Chuckling, Harry placed the movie in the DVR.

"Alright Mj, whatever you say. Now who wants to watch some Santa Claus?"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^

After watching Tim Allen fall of the roof and Peter and Harry fail at a two player video game, MJ decided that while Harry could stay with me, her and Pete needed to study for a physics test. 

"Mary Jane, the guy has a perfect GPA. If you aren't gonna stay, at least let Peter!!" 

"You know why he has a perfect GPA? Because he actually shows up for his classes, unlike someone!!" 

"MJ, Peter is late for everything, how does that affect his GPA?!" 

"You are failing the only language you speak!!" Peter sat down next to me with a small sigh.

"It'd be nice if for just once, someone who ask what I thought." Chuckling, I scoffed. 

"Oh Mister Parker, children like you should be seen and not heard. Your opinion will never matter!" I said sarcastically. He laughed. 

"Sometimes I feel like that's what the world wants me to think." I raised an eyebrow. 

"Why?" He shrugged. 

"Life is hard. Really hard. Sometimes you don't have a choice on what it throws at you." 

"I'm sorry." I whispered. He nodded, then grinned. 

"Well, what can you do right? I mean, it's not like life could just drop a Snow Day on me and allow--." Peter groaned when his phone rang. 

"I gotta take this." He said, standing up and walking away. I frowned, looking down at my ankle. The stupid thing wasn't healing fast enough for me. 

"Fine. Perhaps we should ask Peter what he thinks." Harry said, turning to his friend. Seeing that he was on the phone, the genius decided to repeatedly tap on his shoulder.