One

(Castiel's POV)

It's the day before school starts and I desperately need to talk to Sam. It can't wait until tomorrow. I pick up my phone and call his house hoping his brother Dean will pick up instead.

"Sup it's Dean." My stomach flutters. Recently I've developed a small crush on Dean.

"Hi Dean! Um it's Castiel."

"Hey. Did you want to talk to Sam?" Kind of.

"Yes but I'd prefer to do it in person. I was just calling to ask if I could come over. Would that be okay?"

"Yeah sure. See you soon." Then he hangs up the phone. Before going over I throw on my trench coat and try to tame my messy hair that Sam calls 'sex hair.'

I grab my phone and go downstairs telling to my sister Anna that I'll be back in a little bit.

I walk down the block to Sam's house and knock on the door. I stand there nervously with my hands in my pockets when Dean opens the door.

How is it possible that even in sweatpants and a hoodie he looks adorable?

"Cas buddy hey, Sam's upstairs in his room."

"Okay thanks." I stand outside just staring at the house.

"Umm... You can come in." Dean states.

"Oh right sorry." I step into the house and discard my shoes staring up at the stairs. Dean comes over and places his hand on my shoulder. My heart starts beating a little faster as I look over at him.

"You okay?" He asks me with concern.

"I... Yeah I'm just really nervous. I've got something really important to tell Sam but I'm freaking out."

"Don't worry about it. Sam will understand anything you have to tell him."

"Thanks Dean."

"No problem. Now go tell him whatever you need to." Dean ruffles my hair and I smile a little bit as he walks away. I turn and walk up the stairs to Sam's room.

I stand at his open door and lightly knock. He looks up from whagevwe he was reading. "Castiel! Hey come in."

He discardes his book and sits up making room on his bed.

I walk in closing his door and sitting on his bed cross legged.

"So Dean told me you had something important to talk to me about."

"Yeah I um... I've gotta tell you something that I've known for a little while now... Well I um.."

Sam looks at me confused. "What is it. Cas you know you can always tell me anything."

"I just feel like no one is going to accept me. Sam I'm..." I start crying unable to get the rest of the words out.

Sam automatically pulls me into a hug and rubs my back.

"Cas it's okay. Whatever you have to say I'll accept you. You're my best friend. I'm never going to judge you."

I nod my head slowly and whipe my tears away.

"Sam I'm gay." He's silent for a minute trying to gather his words. He pulls away from the hug to look at me.

Great he hates me now. There goes my bestfriend.

"I'm so proud of you Cas. It must have been really hard for you to tell me that. Also don't worry about it. I don't care that you're gay. I'm not going to look at you any differently. You're still my bestfriend. Nothing is ever going to change that."

"Oh my gosh thank you. Sam you don't know how happy hearing that makes me. I was so worried."

"You don't have to be worried. Wait I have a question though."

"Yeah of course."

"Well if you know that you're gay well wouldn't that mean you've liked a guy? Or you like a guy."

"Well yes."

"Okay spill! Who is he?" Wow okay I should have seen that coming.

"I can't tell you that. Not yet at least."

"Come on! Please Cas!! I've gotta know."

I can't help but laugh. "Nope. If you wanna know you're gonna have to guess. Oh and before you worry, no it's not you."

"Not like I would have cared. I'd still be your best friend. But come on! Who?"

"I'll tell you sometime in the future."

"Ugh!! Okay fine."

"Thank you for accepting me Sam. Anyways I have to get home. First day of highschool tomorrow."

I stand up and walk to the door. "Bye Cas." I make my way down the stairs and Dean stops me at the door.

"Wait Cas! How'd it go?"

"It was good. He took it well."

"That's good. Anyways I was gonna ask if you wanted a ride to school tomorrow. I can pickyou up at your place." I smile and hope I'm not blushing.

"Yeah thanks that'd be amazing."

"Of course. See you tomorrow." He stands there staring at me for a moment.

"Was there something else?" I ask confused.

"No it's just... Never mind. See you tomorrow."

"Bye Dean." I wave to him as I walk out the front door. I make my way back home and get ready for the next day.

Once I'm done getting my bag and much ready Anna walks into my room.

"So what'd you have to tell Sam?"

"The thing I told you about last week."

She smirks and sits down in the corner of my room in my desk chair.

"You told him about Dean?"

My face goes hot at the mention of my crush.

"No, I just told him about my homosexuality." She giggles.

"What's so funny?"

She sits up straight and makes her voice deep to imitate me.

"My homosexuality."

"Shut up!"

"I'm sorry just the way you said it was so funny." I roll my eyes at her.

"Whatever. Anyways I've gotta get some sleep."

"Hey remember you've gotta walk tomorrow. I've got work."

"No it's fine. Dean told me he'd pick me up." She squeals.

"You two would be so cute."

"Anna he's four years older then me. Plus Dean is like the straightest guy ever. Do you understand how many cheerleaders he had after him? Plus he's dating Lisa Braden and even me being gay can notice how hot she is."

"Don't worry about that Cassie. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to. Get some sleep. I love you." She says walking to my door and flicking off my light.

"Night Anna. Love you too." She closes my door and I lay awake thinking of how perfect Dean is and why he'd never go after a gay little nerd like me.