BABYS

Elena let out a few deep breaths as she prepared to push herself off the couch, her large stomach made it difficult for her to move around. With a heave she managed to get on her feet and with a small smile she headed for the kitchen for some water and maybe a snack. She knew that Elijah, or any other member of the house would have gotten it for her, but she was sick of being treated like an invalid. There were still a few weeks until they the babies were due. After about five steps she stopped suddenly and felt moisture soak her legs. Her eyebrows lifted to her hairline and she screamed, "Elijah!"

Within seconds she was surrounded by concerned looking vampires and one terrified looking hybrid. Elijah came up to her first, unsure what was wrong, "What happened?"

"My water broke." She whispered with a breathless smile.

Caroline was quickest on the uptake, "Right. Nik, go get the car. Elijah you get Elena to the car. I will get the bag and call Meredith to let her know we are coming. Kol, call everyone and tell them to meet us at the hospital." She waited a moment and noticed that only Elijah had even moved, and he was doing it a snail's pace, "Now people we probably don't have all day." She commanded with a voice that made Nik and Kol jump before they flashed off to do their assigned duties. She gave Elena a little smirk and a giggle before racing off herself.

Elijah looped his arm around her large waist, "Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?"

"Let's start with walking and see where that gets us." Elena said, her breathing coming in controlled breaths because she didn't want to start freaking out, she was sure the Original men were doing enough of that for everyone.

Elena sat on the bed wincing in pain as each contraction hit, they were getting closer together and rapidly. She had been at the hospital for nearly six hours now, and was getting to the point of where she just wanted it over with. She tried to let her mind drift to the conversation that her girlfriends were having…

"I swear, I have never seen him look more terrified before." Caroline said with a laugh as she explained to Rebekah and Bonnie how Klaus had reacted, "And Kol looked like he was planning an exit strategy."

Bonnie and Rebekah laughed, before the latter said, "At first Stefan looked super scared and then he seemed really happy, in like a matter of seconds. But then you know he had to apologize to everyone in the Grill for how thrilled I became."

"I think it is funny how all of us women are super excited and all the men are freaking out in the hallway." Bonnie commented while laughing, "Because Jeremy's face when I picked him up at school was priceless."

"Just the way of nature I guess." Elena responded from her bed and smiled up at the door as it opened and Meredith walked in. She was the only doctor that any of them truly trusted.

"Okay, time to check and see how things are going." The doctor said with a smile as she checked to see how dilated Elena was, "Looks like you are ready, how far apart have the contractions been?"

"There are down to about a minute." Caroline supplied for her, the three of them had started to drift towards the door.

"Excellent." Meredith said and stood back up, "I think it is time for you ladies to leave and send Elijah in. These babies are ready to meet the world."

Elena let out another scream and Elijah bit down on his lip, her grip on his hand made him happy that he was a vampire, otherwise he was sure there would be bruises. The biting also helped with the large amount of blood that was associated with giving birth. He was over a thousand years old, he had marvelous control and could handle this but it still required some focus.

"One more push Elena." Meredith insisted.

"That is what you claim but there are two of them!" Elena yelled through gritted teeth as she breathed heavily. She let out another scream and gave a large push before falling back against the pillows with a sigh.