“Scared and jealous?”

“Yes. Jealous you would fall for someone else. I was scared you dammit, you would try to nail that weasel of a man, Charles Marthy on your own."

What the hell, did he think she was made of glass? She knew how to protect herself, she was capable, she had proved that and more. "How dare..."

Arjun raised his hand and mimicked her," Let me finish, I admire your guts, okay. I know you're not scared of anything but I was scared dammit."

"About what," she shouted.

Arjun looked at her and whispered, "Losing you."

She jerked her shoulder in response," You lost me once remember, eight years back. Eight years, Arjun. It took you eight years to come back?"

Enraged, he walked towards her, grabbed her arm and yanked her against him, 'what was with this woman', he had thought of pleading but she made him so very angry. He love her, he couldn't lose her now, “How could I come back before establishing myself. You think I left you alone, I knew exactly when you joined UN, when you went out on those dates, when you went on a mission."

She shot back, limp in his arms, “So, you had me stalked."

Ah, she made him so angry. So unreasonable. Before he could stop himself, he found his mouth on hers. His lips tasting her. He was scared. Petrified of losing her. She wasn't understanding his need, his love. He couldn't lose her. No. Arjun tightened his hold on her as her lips furiously moved on his making him want her all the more.

He released her as if sudden realization dawned on him.

Lust! It could not justify love. Never had. Never would. It wasn't a substitute but a complement.

He dragged his fingers in his hair in frustration," Stalked you, I loved you, dammit, I love you. I couldn't bear to be apart from you. I can't bear to be apart from you."

Radhika swallowed and asked him, “Did you ever consider telling me the truth?"

She closed her eyes and wondered it was simply astounding how much pain words, mere words could bring.

He wanted to grab her again, hold onto her to make sure she never left him again.

"I have told you now," he fought against waves of guilt and need.

What could he say? He had nothing except for his heart for her. She could break it into pieces or treasure it. But, it was hers to keep or destroy.

Fury burnt her again," And that's supposed to make everything better?"

Arjun swirled, matched her tone," What could I do? I love you. I can't, I won't," he shook his head,"lose you again." He walked towards the window, stared, “I lost you once, Radhika because of my stupidity, my anger, I couldn't bear to lose you again. I love you."