Chapter 20

Radhika stared; her heart seemed to have skidded to a complete halt, her brain turned into mush, ignoring her pleas for normalcy. Her eyes filled with tears of joy.

Arjun took her hand, and in an unexpectedly courtly gesture kissed her fingers. "You’re stunning, my Radhika.”

His sudden sweet gesture, made her feel light, as if she had sprouted wings, "You could have fooled me," she tried to find appropriate words as she finished, struggling not to be charmed.

But, dammit, she was thoroughly and completely charmed and entranced.

She had never been made to feel so very wonderful!

So, this is why he refused her, to make her feel so very special. Gosh, he was cute, very cute.

Her hero!

The entire room sparkled with candles, lit, drenching everything around them in a golden glow. Light, soft, romantic music oozed out from somewhere and hundreds of petals were littered all around the room, adding to the creation of a perfect dreamy atmosphere.

She turned and shared a look with Arjun and seeing his soft smile, melted a bit more into him.

Arjun loved the way her eyes glittered and flutters of pure joy took over her body, he could feel her relaxed and peaceful. He wanted her to release herself from the deep bondage of compulsion to give herself to him.

If she had to come to him, it would be because of her need and not just want. Want could always be satisfied by anyone but no one could ever replace need. And, he wanted to be her need.

Arjun put his hand on her back, heating her everywhere he touched as he guided her inside the room.

Radhika took a step, mindful of his hand on her back, mindful of the feelings it created inside her but unmindful of her eagerness to bask in the wonderful gesture, he had done for her, especially for her.

His room, no longer resembled a hotel room but a fairytale romantic scene, where they were the characters. For tonight, she got to be the princess, who deserved everything special and extraordinary.

Radhika smiled at Arjun and took off her shoes, in her hurry to feel the smoothness of the petals beneath her feet.

This was too much; she had never pegged him to be such a romantic! She felt special, she felt prized. Arjun stood back fascinated, as he watched Radhika enjoy everything he had done for her.

She could have pouted and shown attitude but the way she squealed and enjoyed his surprise, made him feel ten times taller. It was so easy to make her feel wholesome, she was the same woman who could win over a board of self-proclaimed, high ended individuals in a meeting, showcasing herself as an ice princess and here, she had let go of her inhibitions simply enjoying the basic flowers and candles.

Lord, she was one terrific piece of work.