"You're a pain. You know that?" 

He disappeared and reappeared in a flash. He now carried the body of the Messenger and placed the body against a tree trunk. Denit looked at the body and then me unsurely. I felt my anger and fury returning as I gazed upon the human or the shell that was left of the human. 

"We have to bury him," I whispered.

"Can't we burn him? It would be easier," Denit suggested.

"No. Our Creator made these beings of clay so they would return to the earth and help create new beings of clay. Humans are unique. They are given a shell to use during their stay here on Earth, a shell they shed upon death. Every human was given a shell to use for their mortal life and this casing was created from things found on Earth, AKA clay. What's interesting is that upon death, the soul is extracted from this shell and the shell is sent back into the earth to one day help form new human shells. The souls sleep until the Day of Judgement upon which the humans will be given new shells, shells that don't decay over time. It's quite possibly one of the most fascinating aspects of creation," I murmured.

"Sorry? What?" Denit asked in total confusion. 

"It won't make sense to you because you don't know the entire story of our creation. I remember it because my mother would remind us of how this all started. You see a long time ago, there was a jinn named Iblis," I began before laying down the Messenger's body. I looked around for a branch of sorts and found one shaped like a pickaxe. Perfect, I thought and began digging near the base of the tree. Denit frowned and disappeared before reappearing with a shovel and a sheet in hand. 

"You stole that," I pointed out. "From the humans."

"I'll return the shovel. They caused this mess," Denit growled and began digging with me. "I've heard of Iblis. The one who disobeyed a command form our Creator. He's supposed to be our Elder."

"He's nothing, but a troublemaker to me. What's the sheet for?" I asked in thought.

"Look at him. Just dead. No privacy, huge gash at his neck. We need to cover him, show him decency in his final hour," Denit spoke while frowning.

"That's surprisingly very decent of you," I murmured and added as an afterthought, "Very human." 

"I don't hate all humans, Zrous. The majority know no better.  I don't hate the jinn as a whole either. They're being manipulated. That being said, I don't hold any sympathy for evil," Denit explained. "And these people are evil, much like the Olympians." 

"And here you are, the polar opposite of the Elder you claimed to come from," I smiled slightly.

"Iblis? He IS our Elder, Zrous. There's no point in denying that, but that doesn't mean we ARE him. His entire deal was that he had too much pride. That's one thing I keep in check and the one thing the Olympians have too much of," Denit frowned. 

The young jinni gave me plenty to think about as we worked to dig the grave of the Messenger. We wordlessly continued for an hour before Denit sighed and looked towards the horizon. 

"What's wrong?" I asked the young jinni. 

"I didn't tell mother I would be with you. She'll worry by now. Probably think you kidnapped me," Denit sighed. 

"You've helped me with the hard part. I'm strong enough to bury him. Head back, tell her you're okay," I suggested. 

"And leave you defenseless?" Denit scoffed.

"I have my Creator. I'm never defenseless," I reassured the young jinni. I could see the internal war the young man was fighting and urged him to get going once again. Once Denit disappeared, I continued with my task. Denit's words, his humanity, rang in my ears as I draped the man in the stolen sheet. We need to show him decency. That was what Denit had called it.

"Decency," I murmured before lowering the man into the ground. 

"Decency?" A hauntingly familiar voice called out from behind me. I refused to turn to give him, not giving him the satisfaction that I knew who he was. He walked over and kicked at the mound of soil, causing a cascade of dirt to fall into the grave.  "I said, decency?"

"What do you want?" I asked angrily. 

"Fury, thy name is Zrous," Iblis smirked before watching me pour soil over the Messenger's remains. "You call this decency?" 

I refused to answer him, instead I quietly continued my work until the grave was filled. I could see torches in the distance and found myself apprehensive. If the humans found me here, burying the body of one of their sacrifices, they may take revenge. 

"Let it out, Zrous. Let out your rage. Burn the humans," Iblis whispered. 

I frowned as the words delved into my mind. I was actually contemplating burning the humans, a thought that had never crossed my mind until the whispers of Iblis made them into a conscious thought. 

"No," I whispered angrily before heading off in the opposite direction. I had to put distance between myself and the village. 

"You'll give in eventually, Zrous. I make you wonder how the sounds of their cries would avenge the Messenger of our Lord. Later on in your life when you find something pleasurable, I will make you wonder if this is the best day of your life. You'll forsake everything for a few minutes of pleasure. I know this because you are of my lineage. You're no different than your brother," Iblis smirked. 

"I'm nothing like Zeus," I growled.

"You're more similar than you'd care to admit," Iblis smirked again, this time stopping right in my tracks. 

"No, Iblis. That's something you don't understand. I'm nothing like him. You whispered to him and he indulged. You whisper to me and I resist. I, am nothing like him," I smirked this time and watched Iblis's smirk fade. He looked at me in thought and disappeared, no doubt to whisper more evil into the world. 

"Now, let's go see some family," I murmured as I began to devise a plan in my mind.