Grown Up

-Sakura-

I wash dishes as Takashi comes in. His face is void of emotion as usual, but I can tell something is bothering him. With Sarada already out of the house, he has no one else to turn to.

"What is it, honey?" I ask. My 17 year-old son sighs and rests his hand on his katana. Though old from years of use by Sasuke, it works very well in Takashi's care.

"I have a week-long mission to the Stone. I, along with my team, will have to deliver a scroll to the Tsuchikage." I smiled. "Well that's wonderful. What seems to be the issue?"

He fiddles with the hilt of his gift as if he's nervous. "Well..I have to hand pick my team," Takashi averts his eyes. "The only issue..is that I don't know who to pick. I'm not good with people..."

I giggle to myself as he gives me the most pitiful look I've ever seen him with. "How about Himawari? She's quiet. Or your sister and Boruto."

He sighs again. "Himawari is too soft. Sarada is on her own mission. And there's no way I'm asking that..usuratonkachi..to join my team."

"Honestly, Takashi; you take after your father so much the resemblance is uncanny. Why are you so picky?" He looks at me as if to say, 'How could I not?'

"I will be with these other shinobi for a week Kaa-san. I don't want to be with people I can't communicate with." It was my turn to sigh.

Then I remember Takashi's current status. "How about some of your fellow operatives?" He ponders on the suggestion. "I guess that could work..."

I turn back to the dishes. "I'm sure an ANBU level four man squad will make up for a Jonin level five man squad. Thanks, Kaa-san."

I shrug and say, "Don't thank me. Thank your hard work and introverted personality." He scoffs at my little tease and walks away, his long, dark pink and spiky hair swaying behind him.

I finish washing dishes and dry my hands. Before I can turn around, I feel arms wrapping around me and a head on my shoulder. I smile.

"Sasuke,"

"Hn?"

"I need to talk with you. Takashi is growing up and, as you know, he has my clan's traits..." I pause, letting him take in the information. "I know he has Uchiha blood, but my intentions for him are different.."

"Which would be..?" I hesitate. I know Sasuke wants his clan back just as much as I do. "I want him to rebuild the Haruno clan-"

"I don't see why not-"

"Out of Konoha." I finish. Sasuke is silent for a moment. I'm sure he's debating whether to respond or not. "Sakura," he turns me around and looks me in he eye. "Why?"

I sigh. Sasuke loves our kids very much, and he loves the village his brother left him even more. "Sasuke, my clan was independent; they had their own village,"

"I want to return it to it's former glory; exactly the way it was before the massacre. I want every detail that can possibly be restored, restored. That includes location."

He doesn't utter a word, which doesn't surprise me. Sasuke looks deep into my eyes as I do the same. He then speaks quietly. "If you believe that this is best for your clan...then so be it."

He walks away and leaves me with that lingering message.

-Takashi-

Hokage-sama has approved my team.

My squad moves just as silently as we would've had we embarked on an ANBU mission. We are not wearing our masks, nor are we wearing dark clothing.

With my new promotion to Squad Captain, I take the front position and my fellow operatives flank behind me in diamond formation.