Chapter5

Your pov:
Waking up for school the next day was dreadful.

Knowing I'd have to explain why I left was going to be hard because I hadn't thought of a believable reason and I couldn't tell the truth.

That would only cause problems.

After I got dressed and ready I headed to school.

As I walked around I tried to avoid everyone but I knew that wouldn't work since I had first period with Sumi, Taehyung, and Jin.

As I got outside the classroom door I dropped my head and walked inside and straight to my desk.

I got lucky and Jin didn't have time to talk to me.

When the class ended I bolted out of my seat and made my way to the next class but on my way up the stairs I run into a body.

"Oh sorry. I wasn't paying attention and..oh." I say as I look up and notice Taehyung in front of me.

He looks down at me with an expression I didn't understand and then he tilted his head and the corner of his mouth raised a little.

"Long time no talk." he says and I stand up straight and pull my lips in.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"I've been okay I guess. You?" I ask.

"I've been alright. I'm really glad you're back."

when he says that I look up at him to see a smile on his face.

The one thing that never changed was his bright genuine smile.

Before I can reply the bell rings and I jump a little.

"I have to go." I say and go to walk away but he stops me.

"Can I at least have your number?" He asks.

"Find me at lunch." I say then sprint to class.

He was actually glad I was back....
...
When lunch time finally came around I sat down at my table and put in my headphones.

When I noticed a body sit down in front of me I prepare for the worst.

"Jin, I'm sorry I left yesterday it's just that Sumi said-" I babble on then stop once I notice it isn't Jin but instead Taehyung.

"Sumi said what?" He asks as his eyebrows furrow and his mouth sets in a straight line, his once happy smile now no where to be seen.

"Oh, haha, nothing." I say as my heart hammers in my chest.

There's no way I could tell him of all people.

It would definitely get back to Sumi then and we'd really have a problem.

"Y/n)..-"

"You came here for my number right? Here." I say and extend my hand for his phone.

He hands it to me and I type my number in and save it under Y/n.

After I hand it back I sink back onto the wall.

"What did Sumi say?" Taehyung repeats and I bite my lip.

"It's really not important." I say and his features change.

"You were going to tell Jin." he says and I look up at him to see his eyes hard on me.

"I know but Jin is-"

"Your friend?" He finishes and how he said it shook me.

It sounded harsh.

"Well yeah but.." I begin but can't finish the sentence.

"What are you two talking about?" I hear and look up to see Jin and Sumi by the table.

When I see Sumi away.

"Nothing much." Taehyung says and I hear Jin mumble something then I feel a presence beside me and look over to see Jin.

"Do you want to come over today? We can hang out, just the two of us." He says with a bright smile.

I look over at Taehyung who was now being smothered by Sumi then back at Jin.

"Sure." I mumble then I feel arms around me.

"I'm glad you want to." Jin says into my ear and my eyebrows furrow at his sudden affectionate behavior.

When he pulls back he stands up.

"I'll meet you by the doors at the end of the day." he says then disappears.

When I look over I notice Sumi and Taehyung kissing and my eyes widen slightly.

Turning away, I stand up and walk out to the last class of the day.
..

Taehyung's pov:
"What are you doing!?" I ask as I push Sumi away from me.

"I just wanted her to see. She needs to understand who's you are." Sumi says, standing up.

"Who's I am.." I say as my jaw tightens.

"Yes tae. Who's you are." she repeats.

"And who exactly do you suspect that is?" I ask.

"Mine of course. We are best friends and you know how I feel." she says and before I can reply the bell rings.

I simply walk to my next class.

During class all I think about is (Y/n).

Did she think Sumi and I were dating? Would she even want to be my best friend again? My mind was going crazy.

Maybe I could just clear this is up when she comes over.

Yeah, okay, I'll do that.
..
Soon enough the day ended and we all headed back to Jin's and of course Sumi tagged along.

"I'll go wait in your room." Sumi says and disappears down the hallway.

I see (Y/n) look up at me for a split second then back at Jin.

You can go in my room while I go get some snacks." Jin says and she nods and heads down the hall and into his room.

Once she's gone Jin turns to me.

"You need to talk to Sumi." Jin says with hard eyes.

"Why?" I ask.

"She told (Y/n) that us guys didn't like her and to stay away from you because you and Sumi were best friends and there was no (Y/n) in that equation." Jin says and I feel my hands turns into fists.

"She really said that?" I ask in which he returns the question with a nod.

I grit my teeth and turn in the direction of my bedroom.

There's no way I'd stand for this.