The Beast Of Gevaundan

Start from the beginning

"They don't care about that. The Doctors, they needed a body because they couldn't resurrect the Beast out of thin air. That kid underneath, whoever it is, just a side effect. All the Doctors care about is the Beast."

"So what happens if it does remember." I asked as he shrugged. "I'm not sure. The thing probably doesn't even know it turns back to human during the day."

"Do they really call this thing the beast?"

Theo nodded. "Short of the Beast of Gevaundan."

My eyes widened, that name, i've heard it somewhere.

*Flashback*

"The what of who?" Lydia ate a cube of god knows what as Allison buried her head into a book.

"The Beast Of Gevaudan." Allison was telling us about something her aunt showed her last night. Apparently this Beast had something to do with her family.

"Listen. A quadruped wolf- like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie the 15th sent on of his best hunters to try and kill it."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Boring."

I ignored her, continuing to listen to Allison. With all the weird stuff happening in Beacon Hills, who knows, this might come in handy. "Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring."

Allison rolled her eyes, continuing. "Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"Slipping in a coma bored."

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape- shift into a man- eating monster."

"Any of this have anything to do with your family?" For once she didn't say boring, a new record.

"This. It is believed that la Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent."

Lydia rolled his eyes, still unamused. "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture." She showed us the picture.

*Flashback over*

The picture was clear as day in my mind. The picture Allison had shown me that day, looked exactly like what we were dealing with.

I gulped, shaking my head. "I read that the Beast of Gevaudan killed over 100 people. Is that true?" Theo shook his head. "No. The Doctors told me it was close to 500."

A familiar high-pitched sound erupted into the air. They were here. I narrowed my eyes, walking down the hallway. As I got to the end of the hallway, everything went quiet...too quiet.

Suddenly a Doctor appeared directly in front of me. I swung my air back, hitting it across the face. It turned around, smacking me in one quick motion as I went flying through the air, landing against the lockers. "Ugh." I muttered as the other two appeared.

"Leave." They said facing Theo. "Where is it?"

"You already have your pack." Theo shook his head. "It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes. They look red to you? I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf." He muttered as footsteps thudded against the floor, causing it to shake.