The cheerful nymph ushered them a short distance, then stopped in front of a door to curtsy again. "The scroll room, my lady. I will fetch Phoebe straight away," she said before turning her sparkly eyes on Poseidon. "Does his lordship wish to wait in the hall or take respite in the courtyard? The nymphs are at your service shall you require anything. Anything at all."

The nymph fluttered her eyelashes as she peered up through them, making her intentions more than obvious. Poseidon appeared embarrassed, lifting his chin as if he was affronted by her suggestive tone.

"I am capable of finding ways to entertain myself while I wait, thank you. But you can fetch me a glass of merlot. And something for Lady Lexi as well." He turned to Lexi, softening his formal stance. "Would you like a beverage, my lady? You look a touch pale."

Lexi pressed her hand to her face, feeling self-conscious. She had been ignoring her body as it protested the slight breakfast and nonexistent lunch she'd eaten. 

"Oh, we have been instructed to bring her ladyship refreshments," said the nymph.

"Could you make sure there's some kind of bread or puff pastry included with those refreshments, please," Lexi added.

"As you wish." The nymph pushed the heavy door open, making the task look easy despite her small stature, and Poseidon helped her hold it as Lexi walked in.

"I will not be far, my lady," he said, catching her by the arm as she passed. "I will never be far."

Lexi smiled politely as she continued into the room, and when the door closed behind her, all thoughts of Poseidon were forgotten. The room she'd been led to could rival any room in Hogwarts castle. The walls appeared to function less like walls and more like receptacles for hundreds of rolled documents. Hence, the apt title of Scroll Room. What sort of information did the documents contain? The bylaws of Olympus? The prophecies of Gaia? The architect specs for the palace?

As Lexi ventured in for a closer look, she realized many of the receptacles were covered by glass doors with tiny keyholes. Who had control of all those keys? Why did Phoebe want to meet her here? Had the nymph somehow led her to the wrong room? The door clicked open and Phoebe entered like a ghost traveling through walls. Lexi startled and quickly walked away from the forbidden section.

"Lexi, how nice of you to indulge me with a visit," Phoebe said as she padded toward a velvet high-back chair. Appearing out of nowhere, the same blonde nymph scooted agilely around the titaness, carrying a tray laden with food and drink. She set it on a table between two velvet chairs, her eyes twinkling at Lexi as she gestured to a plate of puff pastries, baked to golden brown perfection and still steaming.

Lexi eyeballed the pastry tray and mouthed her thanks to the nymph before offering thanks to Phoebe. "I'm honored by your invitation, Phoebe."

"Please, sit. We have important matters to discuss. I am sure you will want to return home to your mate before night falls." As Phoebe made herself comfortable, the nymph took her cue to bow out of the room, and Lexi slid into a matching high back. "Help yourself to tea. I requested hibiscus and red clover today."

"That sounds delicious." Lexi couldn't care less what kind of tea she'd be drinking, her mouth watered as she watched cheese ooze from the puff pastries. Should she help herself or wait for the titaness to start?

"Take your fill, Lexi," Phoebe said. "You're going to need your strength to see you through the rest of the day."

Lexi loaded a plate with food as she speculated if Phoebe knew how to read minds. What exactly did the oracle want to discuss? Were they going to rehash what was said at the council meeting? Did Phoebe plan to give her the keys to the forbidden section? When their teacups had been filled, and Lexi had indulged in two puff pastries, which were absolutely divine, Phoebe sat back in her chair and began the conversation.