I lift my hand to hers and she flinches away covering her face. She thought I was going to hit her.

"I-I wasn't gonna hurt you, Madison. You know that I wouldn't." I retry my motion, but this time bringing my hand to her cheek, rubbing my thumb over it as I cup it.

"I know," she mutters, "I just had a moment. Let's get you inside, I'm sure Matt would love to meet you." She flashes her cute, sad smile. She takes me by the hand and walks me inside.

"Shawn, this is Matt." She introduces us, My hand goes in for a sophisticated hand shake, her friend choosing otherwise. It made me cringe, but I was comfortable a few seconds after.

I was pulled into a familiar hug, also known as the 'bro-hug', which caught me off guard by a hundred miles.

"You better be good to her." He mumbles threateningly into my ear, smiling afterwards. The dark lighting in the room sets everything in a gloomy and intense mood, I just couldn't shake off.

"Is that a threat?" I mutter back, he responds with a shrug, and lies on the couch, trying to make this conversation suspenseful.

"Okay sweets, we met, we're pals, what's next?" Madison's friend being here sort of makes everything weird. I've never hung out with my girlfriend, let alone another guy included. I was always used to the romantic setting, the dim lighting, the girl and I sitting close, me telling her how gorgeous she is, our lips making contact, taking things slow.

It's pretty much me just wanting to full on love her yet doing it in a slow manner. Nothing else but the two of us with much, way too much on our minds, making little conversation, for we are only paying attention to each other's presence.

"Nothing, I guess." She wraps her arms around my torso and pecks my neck as that is as far as she could reach.

"There is such thing a room, miss Montgomery. So go use it!" Matthew encourages Madison incoherently whilst shooing us away.

Without further notice, she takes me to her bedroom, which is one place I've never been in. I've pictured it to be an all alternative themed bedroom, posters of her favourite bands posted on dark coloured walls, paintings that meant a lot but looked like a jumble of nothing.

What it really was on the inside was nothing compared to my imagination; it was bright, the windows wide open which allows the sun or cool breeze to enter, a shrine- like setup of pictures of her, Ian and I. (She cut Cecelia out of the picture, literally.)

And when you look to the left all you see is a different coloured wall. A red wall to be exact. It contained folded sheets of paper that had either oil or water stains, many photographs of her and a boy seeming to be deeply in love, and on the wall is written in bold white:

Jack + Madi
5/23/13 - ∞+

"So you were in love with him."

She chuckles out a 'yeah' and pulls out her green notebook for math. She flips through the pages that had her gorgeous handwriting written beautifully between the lines, searching for a blank page to write on.

She plants herself in the middle of her bed, where the sun's rays could beam intensely onto her skin, allowing it to glow.