The Unexpected Gift ( an imagine story)

I had just gotten home from school. As I walked into my house, I noticed a little black box with a note. “Makayla, this box contains something special. It has been in our family for generations.”

  When I opened the box, I thought it was going to be a Phoenix Egg, because they make great pets; but they only hatch to certain people. Instead I found a diamond ring with a traveling spell engraved around its band.

 What I didn’t know was that the traveling spell took you to the place that you most wanted to go to the most. So I got an idea of a place that I wanted to go to; Disneyland seems like a good place. When I opened my eyes, I wasn’t at the place I wanted; instead I was still in my living room.

 “I can’t believe this stupid ring!” I thought, “It doesn’t even work!” So after that I did my homework, had dinner and went to bed. I had only been asleep for about half an hour when I woke up from tightness in my chest. I thought that I was still asleep and that this was only a dream.

 When I felt more awake, I cleared my eyes and saw that I was in a grove of trees that I hadn’t been in before. And right in front of me was a black and gold winged horse. I realized that this had been what I was dreaming about. So I went up to the horse and asked, “What’s your name?”

I was shocked when I heard a little girl’s voice say in reply, “My name is Rosetta. What is your name?” I couldn’t say anything, because I was so astonished. Though eventually, I worked up enough courage to say, “My name is Makayla.”

…………..

 Rosetta and I had been talking for a while, when all of a sudden I realized that it must have been about time for me to go to school. The thing was I had no clue on how to get home. So I decided to ask Rosetta. And that is exactly what I did.

                “Rosetta, I have to go back home, but the thing is, I don’t know how.” I said.

                Rosetta said, “Well, how did you get here?” “Was it through that ring you’re wearing?”

“Yes,” I said.

“Okay, all you have to do is imagine a place that you really want to go to, and once you have the place in your head, recite this spell.” Rosetta said.

…………

So after I had made sure that I had all of my stuff, I prepared to leave; promising Rosetta that I would come and visit her whenever I could. I closed my eyes, and recited “I wish not to stay, but that I may come back another day, and head to the place I most want to be.”

When I opened my eyes again, I was laying down on my bed, and it was only seven a.m. so I got up and started dressing for the day. When I got on the bus ten minutes later, I thought, “See you tonight Rosetta!” I couldn’t wait to go back.