{Part One} Chapter 9:

I woke up the next day around 1 in the afternoon. I looked over at my phone and saw a text from Luke.

Luke: Morning beautiful.

He had sent it almost two hours ago. I smiled and quickly texted him back. "Carissa, I gotta go out do you need anything from the store?"

I couldn't think of anything so I told her no and a few seconds after that the door closed and Luke texted me back.

Luke: Wait, you just woke up?

Me: Yeah, why?

Luke: Nothing you just reminded me how lazy you are (:

Me: Shut up!

Luke: Technically I'm not even talking, I'm just texting you.

Me: No need to be a smart ass!

Luke: Well one of us has to be the smart one in this friendship!

Me: Are you calling me stupid Hemmings!?

Luke: Maybe I am, maybe I'm not......either way you'll never know.

Me: You're so annoying!

Luke: Well you're my friend, so what does that say about you?

Me: That I'm a nice and non-judgmental person.

Luke: That is such a lie and we both know it.

Me: Or you just don't like the fact that I'm a better person than you.

I sent that then got dressed into some shorts and a tank-top before leaving my room to get some breakfast, meaning mini pancakes and chocolate milk.

I had just put the chocolate syrup in my glass of milk when my phone went off, telling me I had a new text message. I quickly stirred and put my mini pancakes in the microwave before reading his text.

Luke: Don't make me laugh so hard Carissa!

Me: In denial I see...

I smiled and pulled out my mini pancakes and drowned them in syrup before reading the next text.

Luke: Its so adorable how you think you're right.

I was about to text him when instead he called me. "What, you just couldn't wait to hear the sound of my voice?" I teased.

"Maybe...and I need you to open your front door."

"Okay?" I walked over to it and opened it revealing a smiling Luke.

"Hey." He said before inviting himself in.

"Y'know if my parents catch us we're dead." I said and plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Exactly... if they catch us." He said smirking and then changing the channel to Girl Code on MTV.

"You know I was watching that." I said and tried to grab the remote from him but he pulled it out of my reach.

"Yes but I like this show so much better than SpongeBob."

"C'mon you know you love SpongeBob. Don't even try to deny the fact that you're immature." I said and quickly grabbed the remote out of his hand but almost immediately he grabbed it again. For the next few seconds it was just tug of war with our grips tightening on the remote.