Chapter 3

Over the next few months, you and the twins become best friends, and your crush on Fred just keeps growing and growing. It's also a week until the Christmas holidays too. You're so excited to see your mum.

You and the twins walk down to breakfast with and sit at the Gryffindor table. You pile food onto your plate just as the mail arrives. You see your owl carrying a latter and a small parcel. It's probably your mum responding to your letter from a week ago. You pick up the letter and open it. It says,

Dear Y/N,
I'm so glad to hear that your school year is going well and that you have made friends. I was so excited to see you at Christmas but something has come up at the Ministry and I won't be home for the Holidays. You will also have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas. Your present from me is in the parcel. I miss you so much and hope you write.
Love Mum

You must look sad because Fred looks at you and says. "Are you ok?" "Yeah it's just my mom isn't going to be home for Christmas so I have to stay here." You say. A tear runs down your cheek and Fred pulls you into a tight hug. "It's ok, you'll be ok." He says as he runs his fingers through your hair. "I was just so excited to see her." You say. "I know. It'll be ok, just shh. I'm here." He says. Then you notice George staring at you. You sit back up and wipe your tears. "What?" You practically yell at George. He shakes his head and turns to talk to someone else. You and Fred laugh. "I'm sorry, I was being over emotional." You say. "It's fine. Don't be embarrassed." He says. "I'm not embarrassed, I'm just..just. Fine I'm embarrassed." You say. He laughs. His laugh melts your heart.

You walk to potions with Fred and George and take a seat next to them when you get to class. "Today we will be attempting to make a calming draught." Snape says. "You will be partnering up for this potion." Fred looks at you and winks. You wink back. Then you turn your attention back to Snape. "You will have the rest of the class to make this draught." He says. Fred immediately turns to you and says. "Do you want to be my partner?" "Sure." You say as you go to the store cupboard and get the ingredients. When you get back to he table, you see Fred playing with some of the potion supplies. "Stop that." You say as you take the supplies from him. "Aw, come on Y/N."  He begs. "No.  Let's get started on this potion" you say as you start adding ingredients to the cauldron.

When you're finished, it turns out perfectly. You give it to Snape and even he thinks so so it must be good. "Did you even let Mr. Weasley help?" He says in his boring voice. "Sort of." You say. "She had me hand her the ingredients." Fred says and you hit him on the arm. "I let you do other stuff too." You argue. "Oh yeah, you let me stir too." He says. That's better." You say. Potions is finished and you go to your next class. Transfiguration.

You walk into transfiguration with the the twins and see a cat sitting McGonaggals desk. "Hello professor." You say as you pass the desk. "Hello Y/N." She says as she turns back into human form. "Today class, we will be attempting to turn animals into goblets." She says. She shows us the spell and asks Fred to try the spell in front of the class. He sort of turns it into a goblet. But it still has a tail. You giggle as his face turns as red as his hair. When he sits down next to you, you do the spell and it works perfectly the first time. "Haha." You say sticking your tongue out at the twins. They keep trying but fail every time. At Georges next attempt, he doesn't aim right, so his spell hits a mirror and bounces back at you. Fred pushes you to the floor just in time because the spell flies right over your head and into the desk behind you. You and Fred both glare at George. "Oops." He says looking ashamed. You laugh and head to lunch.

"Finally, lunch." You say as you pile food onto your plate. "Best part of the day." Fred says as you giggle again. Why do you keep doing that. Fred probably thinks you're a weirdo now. Oh well.

About halfway through lunch, Fred quickly grabs your arm and starts to make flailing motions with his arms. You jump. "Are you choking?" You ask. "No, but I have been thinking." He says. "Well that dangerous." You say as he glares at you. "I was thinking that you you should stay at our house during Christmas. Right Georgie?" He says. "Don't call me that." He says. "Well now that's what I'm going to call you." You say. "But I think that's a great idea Freddie." George says. They both look at you. "I wouldn't want to intrude." You say as you blush. "Nonsense, our mum hears about you all the time in Fred's letters, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." He says and Fred looks like a deer in headlights. (That's right, you know muggle terms.) "Um I just tell her how we are becoming great friends and that we hang out a lot." He says, stuttering a few times. You laugh as Fred slaps George upside the head and glares at him, but you pretend you don't notice.

After all of your classes finish, you walk with he twins to the black lake and sit at the edge. "Back to the subject we were talking about at lunch." Fred says. "Are you staying with us during Christmas?" George says. "I don't know. As I said before. I don't want to intrude." You say. "Nope, you're staying with us, no arguments." Fred says and before you can say anything else, he changes the subject. "So who hates Snape more now than at the beginning of the year?" He says and we all raise our hands. We all laugh. "You know, we all have a lot of homework. We should probably go to the common room and do it." You say as you get up the twins following. "But Y/N." Fred complains. You laugh and just keep walking.

As you make your way to the common room, you run into Flint and his squad. Some Slytherins in your year. "Hey L/N." He says as his little group of Slytherins laugh. "Wow, very clever. What are you going to call me next? Y/N?" You ask  as you high five Fred and George. "Don't sass me L/N." He says. "Or what?" You ask. "Or this." He says and steps up to you and punches you in the face. You fall. You feel your nose bleeding but you ignore it. You try to stand up but Flint just kicks you to the ground again. He just keeps kicking you. Then he suddenly stops and you hear him yell out in pain. You try to see what was happening above you, but all you see is the blurry outline of two gingers before you pass out