Chapter 1

You're in your first year at Hogwarts and your mum is taking you to platform 9 3/4. Your mum is a witch but your dad is a muggle. When he found out what she was, he left her. You were only 5 years old when it happened so you don't remember it very well.

When you get to the platform, you get your stuff on the train and go to say goodbye to your mum. "Bye Y/N. I'm going to miss you so much, please write." She says wiping away a tear. "Mum, I'm going to be fine. I'll write once a week to tell you how school is going. Bye mum, love you." You says as you get onto the train. Just in time too because the train started moving as soon as you got on. You rush to find a compartment.

After walking for what seems to be forever, you find a compartment with 2 people in it. You open the door. "Um...excuse me, can I sit with you guys? There are no open compartments." You say. "Sure they say together. "I'm Fred." One of them said. "And I'm George." The other said. "I'm Y/N. Is this your first year too?" You ask. "Yep." They say together again. "That's cool, me too." You say. "What house do you think you'll get into Y/N?" Fred says. "Well my mum was in Ravenclaw and she really hopes I get in, but." You say. "But what?" George says. "But I really hope that I get Gryffindor." You say. "That's so cool. All of our siblings have been in Gryffindor so far." George said. "So how many Siblings do you have?" You ask. "Well including us there are 7 of us. There's Bill, Charlie, Percy, then us, then Ron and our sister Ginny." Fred says. "Wow you only have one sister, that poor girl." You say and they laugh. "Yeah she hates it." George says.

A little while later you look out the window and notice that you are almost to Hogwarts. "We should probably get our robes on." You say to the twins. In the long trip to Hogwarts, you have gotten to know the twins pretty well. You also taught them how to play some simple muggle games and things like that.

When you arrive at Hogwarts a very large man named Hagrid leads the first years to some boats that take you across the river. You, Fred and George share a boat with some other first years.

When you get into Hogwarts, the sorting ceremony begins. After about 10 kids are sorted, including the twins who got sorted into Gryffindor, your name is called. "Y/F/N." She calls. You walk up to the sorting hat. She puts it on your head. "Hmm, tricky, yes very tricky. I think it better be, GRYFFINDOR!" It says. Everyone cheers. You get up and walk to the Gryffindor table. When you get there you sit in between Fred and George. They pull you into a big hug. "Guys.. Can't, breathe." You manage to get out. They let go of you and you punch them both in the arm. "Ow." They say in unison. You all laugh and wait for the ceremony to be over.

Once the ceremony is over Dumbledore stands up and the whole hall goes so silent, you could hear a pin drop. He gives his speech and then mountains of food appear in front of all of you. "Good, I'm staving." You say and look over at the twins who are already stuffing their faces. They both nod and continue eating. You roll your eyes and eat.

After you finish, the prefects lead you up to the common room. When you get there, he says the password. "Caput Draconis." We walk in and some people go up to the dorms but you stay behind and talk with Fred and George. "I'm so glad that I got into Gryffindor." You say. "Yeah, I'm glad that you got into Gryffindor too. Now we actually know someone in our house other than our brothers." Fred says. "Same." You say. "I hope we have some classes together." George says. "Yeah, I should probably get to sleep so I'm rested for classes tomorrow." You say. "Night." The twins say. "Night." You say.

You walk up the stair to the girls dormitories and to your room. You open the door to your room and see two other girls sitting on their beds. "Um... Hi, I'm Y/F/N, I'm your other roommate." You say awkwardly. "Hi I'm Alicia Spinnet." One of them says. "And I'm Angelina Johnson." The other says. You put your bag down and unpack your stuff. You talk for while before going to bed. Wow, this is the first day and I already made 4 friends is the last thing you think before falling asleep.