~21

Mika's P.O.V

After receiving the long desired letter from Yuu, it didn't take me long to pack up my things for the night and sneak out into the open night air. Although being the prince, I was never terribly restricted with what I could or couldn't do, so leaving the castle at night wasn't really much of an issue; as long I informed one of my servants.

"So, you're riding out again, Mikaela?"

I glanced back at the young male, admiring his short purple hair that sloped down to the side.

Lacus, a servant of mine, was always trying to sneak his way into my personal life. Because of this, he had been the only one I had informed about Yuu and what he was to me in the castle. Yes, I had Horn and Chess, but they lived on the outskirts of the village. Lacus was someone, despite driving me insane at the best of times, offered me fair advice.

"Indeed, Lacus."

"Will I be expecting you back tonight, my Prince?"

I tied off my bag and gripped it tighter. Would I not come back tonight? That thought hadn't occurred to me. Instinctively, I just assumed it would've been like our first meeting, just only that I would be attempting to find my way to his chamber...

"My Prince?" Lacus pressed again in a curious tone.

"I...I hadn't thought about that," I confessed, looking back at him. "I...I'm not sure, Lacus."

Smirking, the servant tilted his head and rested his hand on his hip. "Well," he started, using his other hand to animate his words. "I'm fine with covering up for you. I can get Rene to back me up if I need it too." He paused, his stare hardening on me. "You like him, don't you?"

My head involuntarily nodded without a second thought. "Of course...I just..."

A strong grip pressed on my shoulders, and a pair of red eyes stared at mine. "Honestly, how I see it, you like him, that means go see him. Stay with him. It's not that hard!"

A defeated sigh escaped my lips. I hated to admit, Lacus was right. I wanted nothing more than to spend time with Yuu. We didn't have to do anything in particular, and in fact just cradling him in my arms would be enough for me. There were many risks by staying the night with him. Too many to list! However, I couldn't seem to convince myself otherwise...staying the night...I wanted to.

Thanking Lacus, I raced down the flights of stairs, missing at least two with every step and continued out to the stables where the stable boy was finishing putting the last horses away.

"I need my horse."

"But my Prince it's so-"

"I need my horse....please." Manners generally get most people everywhere. "It's very important and I have no time to lose."

The boy nodded and dropped the set of reins in his hands. This poor kid, not much younger than me was too kind. I didn't have to wait too long and was soon galloping into the crisp night air.

-

Thank you guys for putting up with me and this fic! I haven't abandoned it at all and will 110% continue this until the VERY end.

Your support has been awesome so far and really really is appropriated so much!

Oh,

Cradled you in my arms!

Ahh, Voltron references...I love them!

Lol yeah this is Mikayuu, but if you haven't seen the show Voltron, I highly suggest it!

Anyway, as always, comment/vote if you enjoyed xo