~ 9

Mika's P.O.V

I found myself visiting the village that surrounded the castle. It was a small village, but one of my favourite places to be at ease and enjoy myself. As well as the castle I had learnt to call home, these very streets felt like home as well. There was something about knowing every street, what was down them and the majority of merchants. I felt like a son, and the townspeople were like a family.

Deciding on my destination, I headed towards the fresh fruit and vegetable grocer. It was towards the centre of the town, meaning I would no doubt come across the locals. I looked to the sky and reached towards the pure clouds that hung amongst the blue beauty that was the sky. With the warmth of the sun, the day was exceptionally beautiful. I adored days like these because for when the rains came, the castle would become my prison, restraining me from leaving it's stone cold walls. The castle didn't provide me with anything unlike the town did.

"Prince Mikaela!"

A voice called out, breaking my trance. A smile broke out across my face as I looked down at two children. They were of the Ichinose family and seemed to always somehow find me on my days out.

"Hello children," I spoke softly as I bobbed down in front of them. Their smiling faces and cuddles never failed to fill me with joy. "Where are you off to, Prince?" a younger boy piped up as his sister continued to wrap her arms around my chest.

"Going to purchase some vegetables from Chess and Horn," I explained. "I'm going to cook with the chef tonight and simply desire nothing but soup." Their faces lit up and giggled. "You should come have soup with us! Father makes the best vegetable soup in the world! Doesn't he, sis?" The younger girl nodded.

"Sounds wonderful! I must come and join you one evening." The two cheered and were quick to wish me goodbye. Journeying through the cobbed streets, I stopped at numerous shops, wishing the merchants a happy hello and best wishes. It was tough for them in the village each member of the community would value my wishes. However, nothing could subside the fact I was going to sneak into Prince Yuuchiro's castle later tonight. What was I going to say to him? What would we do? What if something was to go wrong and we were caught in the gardens? My thoughts were clouded until I was finally interrupted by the sound of Horn's voice.

"Prince!!~" she called out with excitement. Chess was quick to follow behind waving her hand.

"Good afternoon, ladies. You're looking as lovely as usual~" I chimmed with a tilt of the head. The two of them laughed and greeted me with a warm smile. "As handsome as ever," Horn smirked, walking back to the counter. "Not forgetting those manners too, beautiful," Chess added in.

I chuckled, trying to cover up my faint blush. "Thank you. I need the usual vegetables please," I spoke while looking directly at Horn. Nodding, the girl skipped off to collect the order.

"Something on your mind, Prince?"

Looking up, Chess was studying me closely. Prince Yuuchiro was the only thing on my mind, but was I that obvious about it? "Well, there is one thing," I confessed. There was no way I could ever get away with anything with these two. I had tried it before and it only resulting in me embarrassing myself.

"Care to explain?" the blonde female inquired, leaning on the wooden counter.

I stayed quiet until I could think of exactly how I wanted to word my confession. "I...I'll be visiting someone tonight. We made arrangements yesterday to meet under the protection of the night and meet in secret." Both of the ladies eyes lit up and were drawn in within an instant.

"And who is this lucky individual that has managed to steal away the precious company of the almighty White Prince?" Horn smirked. Taking a deep breath, I awkwardly chuckled to myself. "It would be someone to your knowledge, but no one you would personally know."

"Aww! That's no funnnn!" Chess groaned. "We wanna know who they are! Give you advice and tips," the purple haired young woman winked. As cheeky as she was, I knew everything was in her best interests to help me. On the other hand, Horn slowly nodded, her eyes continuing to study my language.

"You seem to choose your words rather carefully, Prince Mikaela," she stated. "Is there some reasoning behind that?" Scoffing, Chess shook her head. "Lay off a little, maybe he doesn't want to tell us."

Shrugging, I picked up the brown bag of vegetables and held them close to my chest. "It's just interesting to see how careful our dear prince is with his words," Horn continued. Chuckling, I headed together the door, taking a deep breath. "Well, if you must know, I'll be seeing him at 9 o'clock tonight. He's rather pretty too," I winked.

Horn instantly smiled while Chess took a couple of seconds to realise what I had actually just confessed. "OHH!~~ I see, I see! Don't worry Prince, we'll keep your little secret," Chess giggled as Horn nodded in agreeance. "Thank you," I nodded. "For the vegetables too."

Leaving the two, I could hear them giggling to themselves. I knew the consequences that could come with the reveal of me taking a liking to Prince Yuuchiro, but I trusted them to understand. After all, I couldn't let my father know...  

-
Yayyaaa
I know I'm taking forever to upload, forgive me but I hope you're enjoying it!
Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments because they honestly give me so much enthusiasm to write!