Rosie, who looked heartbroken, came up beside me. "You didn't know?"

"Know what?" 

"Champions aren't allowed to partner with another champion. Otherwise the first dance would look weird. It's going around that Cedric asked Cho. You know, the girl from Ravenclaw." Ash carried on for Rosie. "That's why I figured it was alright to ask you."

"Oh, okay then." My words seemed to have brightened up Ash's face, but Rosie's only grew sadder. "But, you have to take Rosie as your date. I only need you for the first dance."

"Yeah. Yeah that's fine. Thanks Kate, I'll see you both lather then." He said happily as he basically skipped away.

"Thank you, Katie." Rosie said from beside me.

"For what?"

"For getting Ash to take me to the ball as his date. Even if he has to dance with you first." She explained.

"It's not a problem. I know you like him and you would do the same for me if it was Cedric." I smiled. "Now come on we have to get ready for the ball. It's only three hours away!"

◙ ◙ ◙

It had taken us almost all of the three hours to get ready for the ball. We did each other's make-up and hair, then had slipped into out dresses and shoes. We were currently taking in each other's appearance.

"You look beautiful!" We both gushed at the same time and then burst into laughter

"No really, you do Katie. Cedric's going to be so jealous when he sees you." Rosie said in all seriousness.

"And what about you? Do you think Ash will finally see that he's crushing on the wrong girl? I think so." I replied, walking around her to get the full picture. We made some final touches and then made our way to where Ash agreed to meet us.

"Whoa." Was all Ash said when he saw us. "You both look beautiful."

"Thanks, now come along Ash. We have a dance to get to." I said as both Rosie and I liked arms with him. We walked in through the main entrance of the great hall and Rosie left us when she spotted some of her Gryffindor friends. Professor McGonagall came up to us.

"Is this your dance partner, Katheryn?" She asked.

"Yes, Professor."

"Very well, come along. We must get ready for the first dance."

◙ ◙ ◙

C E D R I C

I was thoroughly disappointing that I wasn't allowed to ask Katheryn to go to the ball with me. All because of a stupid rule that said champions couldn't take another champion to the Yule ball. As I last decision, I asked Cho to go with me and she agreed. If we went as friends of course. She told me that Harry had asked her earlier, but she had to decline even though she liked him. Professor McGonagall had gone to get him and once she came back over to us, she left again.