Chapter 5

Alex woke the next morning stiff, but happy. Somehow he'd managed to sleep again last night, only under the protection of the dragon (Who had remained in human form). How beautiful his sleeping face was; alex though as he stared at Kyriakos.

He then felt pressure on his abdomen; he had to relieve himself. So, as quietly as possible, alex stalked into the forest, leaves crunching under his wake.

Once far enough away so that Kyriakos would not hear him, he did his business and tied up his shredded trousers. Though when he turned, he came face to face with a beard. Slowly, Alex's eyes raised, until they met the gaze of a large, ugly man. This man seemed to have been wandering the forest - in his right hand, was a bow. In his left, was a dead squirrel.

"What have we got here?" He asked in a highly accented voice, moving closer to inspect the Prince. "Why is there a pretty little lad wandering the forest in the wee' early mornin' hours?"

"U-um... Sorry, sir, I'll be on my way then.." Alex tried to change the subject (For the man's own safety, for fear that the dragon would wake up and devour him) but the man stopped him in his tracks. "You speak like one o' them nobles or somethin'. You live round here?"

"Sorry, sir, but I need to go now." Alex pushed past him, but suddenly the man's hand flashed out and grabbed him by his hair, throwing him on the ground.

"So I take it you don't live round 'ere?" The man grinned, showing ugly, grimy teeth.

"Just let me go, what intrest am I to you!?" The prince scrambled back, but the man had already decended upon him, pinning the young boy to the ground. However much the prince struggled, it was in vain. He did not have enough strength in his leg to run, much less kick a bloke off of him. The man neared the prince's face. "Why, you sure are a pretty youngin'. " He chuckled, and his breath stunk.

"I could just eat you up right 'ere." He then...pulled down the prince's pants, revealing something that shouldnt be revealed. At that, Alex screamed at the top of his lungs.

This awoke the sleeping dragon at camp. His crimson eyes flashed open, recognizing the vibrota of alex's voice, and was instantly running through the forest.

It didn't take long to find him, but there was a man above him, moving to and fro as if he were molesting the poor prince. Kyriakos growled savagely, and suddenly he was no longer a man - but a dragon that snatched the bulbous man up in his jaws. The man screamed, dangling from a great height by his leg, which was shredded by the dragon's fangs.

Kyriakos threw him up in the air, before catching him in his jaws once again, silencing his screams for eternity.

He did not feel the need to devour that ugly man, and so spit him out, tossing him far away from the trembling prince.

Alex was too stunned to move, much less pull up his pants. So kyriakos did it for him, shifting back to a human form, walking silently over to the boy. Alex cowered away from his touch, but kyriakos simply closed the gap between them, yanking the boy to his feet, lifting the pants up by the belt loops until they shielded a most vital area. He then buttoned them, making sure they would not slip from the prince's hips.

Alex was still trembling. "That... That man tired to make love with me!" his voice was so high pitched it made him sound like a raging girl. "Did he think I was a girl!? I've never heard of such things between two men! That is just sick, outrageous, and embarassing! It is rude, crude, and socially unexceptable!"

Before the prince could carry on, Kyriakos covered his mouth with his hand, his eyes hard as stones. Alex immediately became quiet.

"It is obvious that that man was in the wrong. He tried to rape you, and for not watching you close enough, I am sorry. But that does not give you the right to make light of love between two people. Who are you to judge something that, in your mind, might be aweful, but to another, is the whole world?" Kyriakos was a dragon. One thing he did understand; was once a dragon mated, he mated for life. Unlike humans, who liked to break relationships, create new ones, have multiple children, break the heart of that which he once adored...

Alex watched kyriakos' eyes, and was amazed to find that he was serious. "So, what!? Do you approve of the affection between two men!? I've never seen such a thing! What's worse, is that he imposed it on me! If that is the way love is, then I don't want a part of it."

Alex tried to storm off, but kyriakos's grip was like steel. Binding, and unmoving. His frown turned to a smile, as quick as the flicker of flame. "Ah, but young boy, you've yet to feel the pleasure the world has to offer. You'll find yourself in love some day." He chuckled, and released the boy, before returning to the shape he was born in. He opened his wings, letting the breeze press against them lightly. Alex stumbled backwards, stunned by the sudden transformation.

The dragon waited for him. "Well, boy? Get on! We leave tonight!"

"W-what!?" Alex tried to run, but was blocked by the dragon's tail. "You're coming with me. I have alot to teach you!" The dragon opened his mouth and laughed loudly. Birds resting in nearby trees all flew in fear of his booming voice.

"Why are you taking me with you!? I thought you were going to eat me! At least send me back to my home - " But wait. Did Alex really want that?

"You silly boy. It is because you amuse me that I have decided to keep you." The dragon grinned down at him sardonically.

Frightened to the bone, alex shakily climbed atop the dragon's back, holding fiercly unto anything he could firmly grip.

And up the dragon flew, his large wings catching the air, lifting them on a warm updraft. As the land became smaller, so did Alex's chance of escaping this...alive.