1 | The Beginning

Gail POV

"GAIL!" Mom bellowed from outside.

I quickly tied my shoes, "Coming!" I screamed and packed up all the snacks, I hurriedly stash every snack into my luggage.

Mom started honking the car impatiently. 

Once everything was packed, I bolted out the house, locked the door and dragged my luggage all the way to the car.

"What took you so long?" Mother frowned.

I scratched my head. "Uh.... I was... uh-"

"Hurry and get your lazy ass in here young lady," Father said, "We'll be late, the train will leave us behind!"

"Okay, okay!" I scurried into the backseat.

Mom is the one driving for us since dad and I are the first to go anyway.

"Did you lock the house dear?" Mom asked.

"Uh-huh," I answered while getting the luggage into the car.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I drawled.

"Honey," She looked at dad, "Can you go check if the house is locked?"

"Sure do," Dad obediently did so.

Hmph, he does so much for mom but not for me.

"I told you I already did," I grumbled.

"Better be sure," She laughed.

I sighed on my seat. Not only do I have to bring my heavy stuff, but father also ordered me to bring his paraphernalia. Yet look at him, bringing nothing other than his phone. What a gentleman.

He's always been like this. He make me carry things and doesn't care whether if I pass out carrying something heavier than my own weight. He said its because he wants me to be independent in the future.

Independent, my ass....

"Okay, we're good to go," Mother said when dad returned and assured her that the house is indeed locked. She started the car engine and drove away from home.

"Busan, here we come!" I cheered.

Mom sighed, "Do you guys really need to go?"

"Of course," Father answered, "I haven't visited mom for centuries!"

Mom rolled her eyes. "Tsss... and you really need to bring my daughter with you!"

"Our daughter," Father corrected. "You do know Gail hasn't seen her Grandmother for a long time either,"

Mother sighed in response.

Father and I are going to visit grandmother who lives in Busan and spend a month there.

Lame vacation I know.

As for mom, she can't come with us because she and grandmother had a misunderstanding before.

Its been a long time since that happened, but it seems like they haven't made up yet at all. Not to mention Grandmother once had a heart attack because of her extreme anger rampage against mom, which is why we decided to move far away.