Tom x Reader: Umbrella Part 2

Tom looked down at the umbrella in his hands.

It had been two months since you gave him that umbrella and he had never gotten around to returning it to you. And in his defense, life was fast paced. He was always on some adventure with Edd and Matt. Time had just... slipped away.

Now at your front door, he hesitantly rang the doorbell. 

.

.

.

No reply.

That was strange.

He tried again.

.

.

.

Still nothing.

Perhaps you weren't home.

That was a shame.

He was really looking forward to meeting you again.

"Hello?" A voice called from behind him. Turning around, Tom saw you in a light blue hoodie, holding your hands nervously. "Tom?"

"Uh- yeah..." He trailed. "You remember my name?"

You gave a small laugh. "Of course!" You replied as if it had been the simplest question on Earth. "Why wouldn't I have?"

A small blush appeared on his cheeks. "R-right. Umm, Sorry that it took so long to get this back to you," He said offering you back your umbrella.

"It's quite alright," You reassured him as you carefully took the umbrella. "I'm sure you had your reasons..."

Thomas laughed. "Yeah. I definitely have a tal or two to tell.."

You perked up upon hearing that. "Really?"

"Yup," Tom smirked, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"Could you tell me about them?" You asked, stars practically in your eyes.

Normally Tom would have objected, but considering that he held your umbrella from you for about two moths... He felt like he owed you.

"I would love to.." Tom trailed. "Would you... um, like to have a drink with me?"

He saw you bite your lip in hesitation and his heart sank. Was he was moving too fast?

"What time?" You asked.

"Oh! Um, what time is it?" He said nervously and checked his watch. It was 5:00. "Is now good?" Tom smiled nervously.

You quickly checked the contance of your bag and thought for a few seconds. "Now is good," You smiled warmly.

Something about that smile had always made his stomach flip over and turn into knots. "Awsome. Let's get going." Thomas said trying to relax himself and the two off you walked back out into the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue?