Chapter Twenty Two

Another couple minutes of silence filled the room as everyone just tried to figure it all out.

Heather was standing there and finally she closed her eyes. " The bomb has been at zero for a whole minute now... That means that no one here is going to die. Except JD and I. " she whispered.

The loud bang filled the room and Heather fell down. The gun hit the floor and so did her body.

All of a sudden Dame pulled out a gun and shot JD before he could shoot him. JD fell to the floor in pain. He wasn't dead. He leaned up against the lockers and held his stomach. " No... No. " he grumbled.

Veronica quickly got onto the floor by Heather. " No! No! Heather... H-H... " she said and shakily grabbed the gun she had.

Dame quickly ran to Heather. He rubbed her forehead. " She's still alive... She just unconscious. She'a losing blood fast! "

Veronica was too worried with JD. She was holding the gun up at him. Her hands were shaky.

" I can't believe I once loved you... I can't believe I once thought you were the boy of my dreams. I can't believe you've done this to my family! I can't believe you've decided to destroy me and everything I loved! " Veronica said as tears fell down her cheeks. " You have ruined me... " she whispered and kept standing there.

Dame slowly looked up and listened to Veronica's words. Dame looked down and rubbed his head. " I'm sorry! Okay! The only reason JD knew so much about Heather was me! He... He promised me that she would be kept alive if I did as he asked. "

Veronica looked at him. " So... You were working with him?! "

" No... No! I love her... That's the only reason I've done anything. I wanted to make her move as soon I found out about him. But, he got to me first. " He whispered and kissed Heather's head. " She didn't survive. " he whispered then stood up. He stood right next to Veronica.

JD breathed out heavily and tried to cover his stomach wound. " Why can't I ever get what I want? " he whispered. " My whole life people have just left me! My mother killed herself! My father never loved me! " he said angrily and hit his wound. He breathed in and winced. " Fuck... " he breathed out. " Then... When I finally get what I want everyone crumbles it down. "

Veronica watched him and looked at Dame. She couldn't help but feel pity. Jason Dean only got broken at such a young age... And Veronica didn't help him at all.

All of a sudden there was a grunt coming from behind them all.

" The dead girls walking. " The girl said and stood up. Heather was standing up. She laughed slightly and slowly walked in between Dame and Veronica.

" Hey Dad... You can't escape death and keep killing people. Someone gonna have to stop you. " she said. " Why not your daughter? " she laughed a little bit and walked to him.

Veronica watched closely and stepped back. She watched as Heather reached down and grabbed the gun.

" Love is a tricky thing... You have to find it in people. You seem to always find the bad in people but... You need to learn that if you're bad then people won't see the good. So, father... I need your last words. My mother needs to write a nice little note. " Heather breathed out shakily and held her gun up.