Chapter Eighteen

Heather hesitantly got up. She bit her lip and then looked at Dame. She breathed out slowly and put her jacket on to cover up her pajama's. She checked the time again before she walked downstairs. She walked to the door and looked through the peephole. It was JD and he was looking right into the peephole.

Heather stood back and watched as the door just slammed open.

" Took you long enough! " he said angrily and walked in.

Heather stood there and slowly shut the door. That's when Dame came running down with a baseball bat in his hands.

JD stood there for a second. " I know... It's 3 am but, but, I needed to talk to you two. "

Heather moved over next to Dame and grabbed his free hand tightly. She was scared... Was she sure this wasn't a dream?

Dame looked at him. " I thought you were supposed to be leaving us alone! " he said.

" My work isn't done! It's not done until I take my last breath! " he said and then started to look through his pockets.

Heather watched him closely. " You wouldn't come here unless you had something important to say. "

JD looked at Heather and grinned. " Your mother came to talk to me. I don't think this would be the last time she'll be seeing me. "

" My mother hates you! She wants you dead! I bet my father would too. " Heather said quickly.

" There's the catch! The whole reason I'm going after you instead of your mother is because I... Am your father. Ask your mother about the rest of that. " he said.

Heather stopped in her tracks and just stared at him. Her eyebrows furrowed and she felt Dame grab her hand.

" That's not true! How! You disappeared for years after your ' death '. " Heather said quickly.

That's when JD chuckled and walked over to her. " Well, like everyone else on this world... She's a liar. "

Heather stepped back quickly and Dame then stood in front of her. " Just... Leave! " he said quickly. " We want to be left alone. We don't want anything- " Dame was stopped by JD.

" But, Dame. Didn't we make a deal? " he smiled slightly. " Why don't we go ahead and make another one? A long time ago I wanted to blow up Westerburg. I wanted to see the people there who represented society to burn. " he said, " And that never happened. So, I could either do this myself or you both could do it for me. If I do it myself you won't even know when it's going to happen. If you both do it, you can escape. " Jason threatened and smirked.

Dame stood there protectingly in front of Heather. " And the good thing is we get to live?! Why are you doing this? "

Heather stopped and moved from behind Dame. " He already said it... He wants to prove to society how destructive it is. By... Blowing up a school. "

JD just nodded then started to walk towards the door. " Just... Choose. " he said.

Dame grabbed Heather's hand tightly.