4: What Even Are We

The next morning, I went for my daily fly. I soared around the forest, picking a leaf or two out to keep, so I could watch the seasons change. Seeing the position of the sun, I turned back and headed home.

"Hey Peri. Good morning!" I smiled as I saw Peridot dancing to a favorite record of hers. She seemed shocked that I was back so early, and stumbled. I went over to help her up. I reached my hand down and blushed as she took it.

"Hey Lapis. How was your flight?" It was a rhetorical question, but I answered anyway.

"Good. Same as usual. How was your little dancing thing?" I asked with a smile on my face, gesturing around the room.

"Uh, um, fun. And accident free, might I add. Until you showed up." She grinned as I crossed the room to put on my favorite record.

"Ahh, one of my fatal flaws. But can I really help it if girls fall for me all the time?" She blushed as I grinned and started dancing. I grabbed her arm, dipped her, and to my total shock, kissed her. Hard. But she didn't fight it, like I thought she would. Instead, she kissed me back just as hard as I was kissing her.

"So please, tell me, Peri, what is this little thing we have here? What are we exactly? Friends with benefits or lovers?" She blushed and pretended to ponder, acting like it was a tough decision.

"Lovers. We are definitely lovers." Peri smiled up at me. I spun her around as she giggled.

"Great. Because that makes it ok to do this." I kissed her again, passion taking over. We held that for a long time. When we finally broke apart, I grinned. Peri blushed, and she blushed hard.

"Ugh. You know my weakness. I just can't seem to refuse you. I love you to much to break your little heart." She smirked up at me and I giggled at her poor attempt at flirting.

"Same thing here."