Chapter 15

I don't know how long we spent in the tent, it felt like forever. And forever is what I wanted. He broke a kiss, "So, Dragon girl. . ." I looked at him. His shirt was off, revealing all his scars. He had to many to count. "Is this the real you?" I gave a confused look, "A Dragon with feelings?" He chuckled. I fingers ran thru my hair. He leaned in and kissed once more. Everything happened so fast. The world was wasting away as we did this. I forgot about everything. St. George, Talon, Dante, everything. I just knew that Alex was right here. And he was all mine. We finally stopped, even tho I longed for more. We got out of bed, and we started to go out when I heard Maddie telling someone off. There were other voices, too, but Maddie was the loudest. Pain flew thru me again, realizing that I was still wounded. I forgotten about that, too. "Dammit." I muttered as Alex slipped his arms around my waste. I balanced on Alex. And we went out together. Maddie, Gray, Bella, and Nathan were tied up. But there were other people, too. St. George. They were here. I saw another figure, standing inches away from Maddie's face. Ethan. Rage flickered. I got out of Alex's arms, and ran to him. Seconds before Ethan got centimeters from her face, I grabbed my knife, and stabbed him in the stomach. "You won't be getting that kiss for awhile, Ethan." I grunted as he, too, put a knife in my stomach. I nodded at Alex to untie them, and he went. I stabbed Ethan harder, "Welcome to your ride to hell, Ethan." He, too, stabbed harder, "You're gonna come with me." I knew this was suicide, but I would do anything for my friends, even get killed. I lost sight of what was happening when I heard a gun shot. I gagged. Ethan had shot me in the stomach. I staggered back, trying to pull the knife out, but he pressed forward. I heard Alex spat a curse. I also heard a snap, and then. . . fire. And growling, wind, and more. They were free. And once I was done, I'd be gone. I had planned to take Ethan out, and that's what I was going to do, even if I died trying. "Ember!" I heard Alex cry, "Pull away! Let him go!" I didn't listen to him. He should've known by now. I'm a stubborn-ass dragonell. St. George must've started to attack, because I heard more guns. They left me, and shot at everyone else. They must've done the code, 'Let the leaders fight each other' or something. So I would just be fighting Ethan, on my own.
A few short seconds passed, and all I still saw was Ethan, and felt pain. Suddenly, Ethan drew back, shot me once more in the stomach, then ran, St. George following him. They were gone. For now. I fell to the ground. Gagging and gasping for air. They all came to me. I was surely done. My time was over. And I would've died trying. My song. . . had been song. Alex said something, but I couldn't hear him, nor could I see really. He kissed me on the forehead, and picked me up. He seemed to rush to to the tent, but with my limp body, I couldn't feel a thing.
I woke up bandaged. I hoped and longed it was a dream. I tried to sit up, but the pain was wild. Alex quickly came out of nowhere and motioned me to lay back down. He kissed me on my lips. I had the sudden urge to pounce on him like last time, but I was to weak. He showed me my phone, which read a text from Maddie.

NATHAN ASKED ME OUT!!!

I chuckled, and I still really couldn't hear, but I caught Alex chuckle, to. He smiled, and gave me a rose, and smirked. I knew what he was doing. He was asking me out. He was asking me to be his. He wanted me. I could barely talk. I felt water run down my face again. I laughed a very cheerful laugh. "Yes!" I barely rasped out. He hugged me, like he was thankful. I blacked out, I went limp. I felt Alex painic. Then everything came back to me. Alex was still here, waiting. I kissed him, long and hard. Making the best of it. Not knowing if this was my last day here. My song, wasn't over just yet.