Chapter 4

I don't know how long I was out. I felt my eyes open, and my skin uncoiling, "Wh-where am I?" I barley could see anything. Then I heard a voice, followed by footsteps and a door. A light turned on, but it seemed like the light from the sun. I winced, as my sight came back to me. I saw doctors, or I think it was doctors. I felt someone watching, and they were in white coats. "Don't worry, Miss Ember. You are under the care of Talon now." My eyes grew with terror. Talon?! How did I get here?! "Mr Alex brought you here after an attack with St. George. Am I correct?" I couldn't really talk so I nodded my head. "I see. . . The poisen taken more of an affect then we thought."
A couple hours later, I was sent out all recovered. I saw Alex standing outside. We weren't far from the camp, I could tell by the smell of fire. As I opened the door, Alex turned and looked at me, "Are you okay?" I didn't answer. I just kept walking. "Ember! I saved your li-" I cut him off and turned around, I glared at him as I snapped back, "You just stood there! You pointed a gun at me! You made me think you were in St. George for heaven's sake!" I saw Alex's face go red. "I was pretending to protect you! I took all those St. George solders out myself!" I stared back. I felt my fists clench, then unclech. He started to walk closer. I wanted to back away, but I couldn't let his gaze go. It was to hard. The way those piercing blue eyes looked at me. He took my hand. I felt the heat that his hand gave. He came closer. I was expecting a knife thru my stomach, but I didn't feel any pain. Instead, I saw him inches from my face. I broke away, tearing our gazes. "I can't, Alex. You know that."
We walked to the camp, I was right. We weren't all that far. I found Maddie in our tent. Alex was next to me the entire time, tho I did try to escape him. I didn't think he would tell anyone about tonight. He was inches away, probably inches away from a kiss. I heard Maddie talking. As I walked in, Alex came in after me. I didn't bother to tell him to leave. He probably would just get all googly eyes and all softy on me again. "Hey! Ember! Meet my new friends," she turned and looked at the new people, "Bella Rosales and Grayson Snape!"