Chapter 13

He looked at me with a faint, but kinda evil, smirk, "You're still wounded. I'll win any race you try in. Even if I go slow." I hesitated. I was still wounded, but I didn't care. I shifted and flew down to the water, no dareing to look at Alex, as I heard him, too, flying down next to me. I swooped just before we hit the water, and he did the same. He almost didn't make it.
We spent almost an hour flying. We finally headed back to the cliff. I unshifted as did Alex. I laughed, as I was out of breath. It was sundown. I've never really enjoyed the sunset, it usually meant time to go to bed. I looked at Alex. . . but he was already staring. I walked closer. My dragon didn't like this, and she cringed from going closer, but I pushed her down. I felt this surge to kiss him, this time. . . We wouldn't be bothered. I stopped inches away from him. He just stared at me, like he wanted me to do it. Maybe to see if I felt the same way. His eyes staring at me. I leaned forward, and kissed him. The world melted around me. I didn't know what was around me, or who, I just knew Alex was here. And he could be all mine. What I didn't know is that Dante was standing right there. Dante cleared his throat, loud and clear. I broke the kiss, felling the world come back to me. I gasped, and ran to find Maddie. Alex tried to go after me, but then Dante blocked him. I felt water run down my face. I was crying again. Dammit. I should've never got close to him. I saw Maddie and Nathan talking, and Ethan watching as I did. I went closer, farther then Ethan was. Ethan grabbed my arm, alerting my insides. I turned to him, "You don't want to Alert them, Ember." He whispered. I calmed down. Then I went to the woods, to get a better look. I heard Nathan talking, "Maddison. . ." I was still crying, I didn't know how to stop. "I. . . I love you Maddison. And I hope you feel the same way, too." He kissed Maddie on her cheek. I looked back at Ethan. He obviously can read lips, because his emotions looked horrified, sad, and mad. I looked back at Maddie, and saw her run off. I looked back at Ethan, who ran away also.
I ran back to where I left Alex. I saw him close to the edge. Dante was with him, looking at a person. Ethan. That son-of-a-bitch had a gun. Aimed at them both. My heart skipped a beat. I saw another dragon come, and then shift into a wolf. Bella was also a dragon also? Impressive. I saw Gray come with his wings. I didn't see Maddie or Nathan. I started toward them, with a knife I had still in my boot. Alex looked at me, giving me away slightly. It seemed Ethan didn't notice. I kept going. Then Ethan turned around and shot my stomach. I shot a curse at him. Then shifted and starting to attack. He kept shooting at me, but I kept moving. Avoiding the head pointed at me. Alex and Dante shifted also. Gray started to do something with his hands. One had light, and one had dark. Bella was in her wolf form, snarling and charging at Ethan. Sirens went off. I saw more people come. St. George. The evil bastards were here. And Ethan was with them. With my attention somewhere else, many soilders shot at me. Pain flew in my veins. I dropped to the ground. Helpless once more.
Gray seemed to be using light and dark magic. Bella was snapping wildly with her jaw. Alex and Dante were firing their breath at the soilders. Maddie came out randomly and started to float. Maybe she was getting the hang of this. Nathan came out using his powers. His powers were the same as Grays. I blacked out. Not knowing if I was dead. . . or not.