Chapter 10

Shaila's POV

This week is exam week, and I've been nervous. Well not as nervous as everyone else, but a good amount of nervousness.

"First year contemporary exam, we're ready for you now." Ms. Raine said.

We all walked in the room, almost immediately the music started and we began dance our hearts out.

***

"These people are sadists." Sammy ranted, dancing and studying at the same time. "Who organizes academic exams the same week as dance exams?"

"Multitasking meltdown." I explained to Kat, who just arrived.

"Right." Kat said. Ethan walked up to us.

"Hey, ready for rehearsals?" He asked.

"I don't think I can today, but maybe tomorrow?" Tara spoke.

"Whenever, can't wait." Ethan replied, leaving to play basketball with Christian.

"What was that?" Kat asked Tara.

"Um, we're rehearsing for his choreography exam." Tara shrugged.

"No, no, no, my brother was just in flirt mode." Kat said.

"It's Ethan, he's always in flirt mode." Tara corrected, standing.

"Just not with you." I said, getting up and following her.

"Uh, my point precisely." Kat said, getting up also.

"So come on, what gives little one?" I smirked.

"So wait, he pashes you and you forget to mention it?" Kat asked.

"It wasn't a pash, it was an almost pash." Tara corrected. "And plus, it only happened after Dana rejected him, so I'm not going to read anything into it."

"Since when?" I scoffed.

"Since you guys always tell me that I blow things way out of proportion." Tara replies.

"Yeah, but you never listen!" Kat said.

"Yeah, it's part of your charm." Sammy said.

"This is exam week, so I'm not going to do anything but focus on my exams." Tara finished.

***

Hip hop exams were always the easiest. The music played and we started. We did our choreographed steps, then Christian and I looked at each other. We had a plan of doing a partner freestyle trick somewhere. When we did it, the look of the instructors looked impressed.

After the exam we grabbed our things. I went back to my room to get changed. Christian told me he wanted to take me somewhere so I was going to meet up with him.

 Christian told me he wanted to take me somewhere so I was going to meet up with him