Chapter 7

Shaila's POV

Like the beginning of every week Kat, Tara, and I have our routine. Every Monday morning, we would grab breakfast and then go out. It never mattered where we went, we never bought anything neither. We just looked around.

We just came back, I turned the door knob of my room, noticing it was unlocked. The thing about sharing a room with an irresponsible boy is that he never locks the door when he leaves. And like every Monday, I would find the door unlocked and wait for Christian to come back from whatever he was going to scold him, but today was different.

I opened the door only to find Christian getting dressed in his dance uniform.

"Oh my god!" I said shutting the door quickly. It will take a while to get that out of my memory. I immediately go to Kat's room to wait.

In the studio, we were working on pliés in fifth position. Ms. Raine walked around the room as usual.

"Katrina, your hair is a mess." Ms. Raine commented.

"Shaila, posture, tail in, shoulders back." She critiqued.

We turned around, and went into our relevés, when the music stopped. Ms. Raine crossed her arms and looked at Abigail.

"Abigail, you're out of uniform." Ms. Raine said.

"Im still a little cold." Abigail replied.

"Where you here for warm up?" Ms. Raine asked.

"Of course." Abigail said.

"Then take that thing off," Ms. Raine said, "I need to be able to correct your body, unless of course, you think I have nothing to teach you."

"No, of course not Ms. Raine, it's just i think i might be coming down with something." Abigail explained.

"Miss. Armstrong, you are either ready to work, or at the doctor. Which is it?" She asked in her stern voice.

Shockingly, Abigail left the studio. I never would have thought she would leave, she's never missed a class, not even in junior school.

***

I was skipping my study period as usual. One, because it's boring, and two, I don't have any homework. I ran into Christian and Sammy outside.

"What are you guys up to?" I asked, causally joining them.

"We have to buy Lieberman here a dance belt." Christian said unenthusiastically. I raised a brow at Sammy.

"Why don't you have one?" I asked.

"I don't believe in them." He said.

"Well, I hope you don't mind if I join you guys." I said.

"You're ditching?" Sammy asked. I nodded, ask followed them into the fairy boat.

"Admit it Christian," Sammy said once we were sitting in the boat, Sammy sat between us. "Dance belts are hot and uncomfortable, they stink, they look stupid, and they're unhygienic."

"That's why you wash them." Christian said, rolling his eyes.

"You wash them?" Sammy asked. "Have you ever seen me doing my own washing Christian?"

"You know, what is happening to us is a form of oppression." Sammy said going on another rant. I groan and rolled my eyes, before getting up and sitting at the other end of the bench, to get away from his annoying talking.

"Do you reckon if I jumped, I'd make it to shore alive?" Christian asked getting up, and sitting next to me, also to get away from Sammy.

"That maybe bad for your health, like a dance belt." Sammy said, sitting next to us once again. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean seriously, I've done the research." Sammy said, Christian got up and sat on the other side of me, leaving me between the two boys.

"Seriously?" I asked him. Christian shrugged.

"Do you know what overheating does to a man's sperm count?" Sammy asked.

"Okay, I'm done!" I said, standing up and leaving the boat, Christian left also.

"One day I might want to have children, Christian." I heard Sammy say.

***

"Sammy, Kat and I-" I opened the door only to see Abigail crying. She struggled to put on her crossover.

"Get out!" She yelled. "You have no right to barge into people's rooms like that."

I shut the door, she turned to look at me.

"Leave me alone Shaila." She said.

"Come on, I've known you since we were five and you never walk out of class." I said.

"You're the last person who would understand." She said.

"Well then, for the sake of this exercise, pretend I'm someone else." I said, sitting on Sammy's bed.

"Want to know what's wrong?" She opened her crossover. "Tell me what you see."

"A really boring leotard...?" I asked hesitantly.

"Like you haven't noticed." She spat.

"Honestly you look the same." I said.

"What about these." Abigail asked, pointing to her breasts.

"That's what you're stressing about? Abigail they don't look any different. Anyway, I have these, I at least have a c-cup, you probably barely have an a." I said.

"But I'm going to be a principal dancer, and principals just don't." She cried.

"They all don't have flat chests Abigail, there is absolutely nothing to worry about." I said. She didn't say anything. I got up, patted her on the shoulder, and left.

***

I was changing in my room, because Christian usually isn't here at this time. But I guess I was wrong. The door opened, and this time I didn't have anything on.

"Christian! Get out!" I yelled.

"Sorry, sorry." He laughed, as he shut the door.

When I finished getting dressed I walked out of the room.

"You need to learn how to knock." I said to him.

"So you do." Christian said, walking into the room.

***

A/N
This chapter is slightly longer sorry about that 😁