Chapter 31: Why Now?

Start from the beginning

suddenly one started running toward me then fell limp. Lesley pet my side, he killed at least three more with just a simple hand motion. 

'Go back and guard Sophia and Delilah!' I shouted and he left. I walked around and killed another attacker. 

I pounced on it and bit it's front paw making it howl. It knocked me over and attacked me, I kicked it off me and ripped its ear off. 

It whimpered in pain and I clawed at its throat, finally killing it. Suddenly I saw my mother, her stomach slightly larger. "Sky, stop this madness," she said looking around "your killing what's left of our family." she said. 

'what about me huh? and your granddaughter and dead grandson huh!?' I screamed at her. 

"dead grandson?" she said shocked. 

I just walked away and kept fighting. I kept fighting for my baby boy; another wolf jumped to attack and I ducked and with a swift motion I clawed its throat an killed it. 

Three more came and attacked when suddenly Lilly came and helped. She took out one with her fangs but another jumped on her and clawed her neck. 

She fell limp and I killed her attacker. I killed the last one and looked around to see how many were left. 

There were only a few left so I sought out to find Luke. I went back to our house and he was headed in that direction. 

I changed into human form and fell onto the dirt, weak, covered in blood, and crying. "angel, it's okay I got you," Luke said picking me up. 

He turned around and all the attackers were killed. "Luke, Delilah!" I shouted. "what about Cody?" he asked. 

I started bawling and wrapped my arms around him. "Baby. What about Cody," he whispered. 

"they killed him," I said bawling even harder. 

I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes. He set me on the couch, wrapped himself in a towel, and left. 

He came back several minutes with two car seats. I walked over to Luke and he set the car seats down and hugged me "angel, I'll be right back okay? I promise. Get Cody ready," he whispered and went to the basement to grab a shovel. 

He left the house and I got Cody's favorite blanket and new clothing. I got him dressed, crying the whole time. 

Luke came back inside with the shovel and looked down "angel we gotta burry him," he said softly and took Cody from my arms. 

I followed him outside but before that I covered up with a blanket. 

I walked out as he placed our little boy in the hole. 

I fell to my knees and sobbed "good bye cody," I cried as Luke started filling the hole with dirt. I ran inside and picked up Delilah, holding her close to me and sobbing.

Luke came in and took her from me "why don't you go get a shower," he told me. 

I nodded and walked upstairs, shedding my blanket on the way. I headed to the bathroom passing the nursery on the way. Why him, what did I do to deserve this hell. My little baby is in heaven now among the angels. 

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I filled the tub and sat while it filled. Luke knocked on the door and I heard Delilah wailing. I stood up and rushed to the door opening it. I took Delilah from him "watch the tub water," I instructed him then kissed her on the head. 

She continued to cry then I realized she hasn't been fed all day "oh baby girl are you hungry," I said and latched her on. 

She ate as the tub filled so I placed her in her crib once she was fast asleep. I walked back to the tub and slowly got in.