Chapter 16: The Untold Truth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Mid October 3 and a half months pregnant)

*Sky's p.o.v*

"Ben? I'm bored. Lets go do something." I pleaded. 

"Well, what do you want to do?" He asked. 

"Can you help me practice my hunting skills?" I asked. 

"Sure!" He said with his charming smile. He got up off the couch and helped me up. 

"Let's go!" He said excitedly. He rushed to the door and was outside before I even wandered into the kitchen. 

"Slow down." I said and giggled. 

"Alright alright!" He huffed. I finally got to the door where he stood impatiently. 

"Took you long enough" he said and chuckled. 

"Oh hush" I said smacking him lightly on the shoulder. I got out the door and transformed into a wolf. 

'So lets practice hunting, shall we?' Ben's voice appeared in my head. 

'oo I see a rabbit!' I squealed back at him. 

'approach it slowly and then-' but before he could finish I had the rabbit in my mouth and dropped its limp body in front of him. 

'you're a natural.' he said and turned back into a human. I changed back and said "why thank you" and giggled. 

"lets uh, get dressed" he said heading back into the house. I waddled inside and and got dressed feeling Ben's eyes burn a hole in my back.

"Is there a problem?" I asked sarcastically. 

"yeah actually. where did you get that mark on your back?" he asked sternly. 

"what mark?" I asked puzzled walking into the bathroom and pulling up the back on my shirt to reveal a mark in the middle of my back. It kinda looked like a sun with a crescent moon on it. 

"what the-" I said looking at it. 

"I'm gunna ask again Sky, where the hell did that come from?" he said getting angry. 

"I have no idea" I said staring at it's reflection. 

"What does it even mean?" I asked taking my eyes from the mirror to him. He sighed and slid down the bathroom wall, resting his face in his hands. 

"It means the babies aren't mine and that you're not my mate" he said sadly. 

"WHAT? How are they not yours? you're the only guy I've ever slept with!" I said raising my voice and letting a few stray tear spill "and how am I not your mate" I said bawling. 

He looked up surprised and stood up then hugged me. "Sky are you telling the truth about all of this?" he asked looking at me. I thought long and hard then suddenly remembered, Luke. 

"So you weren't telling the truth!" he yelled. I looked at him and wondered how he could have ever known that, then it hit me. 

"you were reading my thoughts!" I shouted at him and continued to cry. 

"yeah, it's both a blessing and a curse. now I know the truth but I'm torn." He said looking at me with shadowy eyes. 

"I'm leaving." I said and turned around to leave. Just as I did I heard a yelp come from the bathroom where I heard Ben start to bawl. I debated on weather I should go back and help him or not but then I got a sudden pain in my chest. Like my heart was being ripped out. I screamed then realized that I no longer felt anything for Ben. Our bond had been broken.