I held back the urge to screw up my nose as I looked over at Geoff who was staring at me, a sly smile on his face. Narrowing my eyes I pursed my lips. What was up with him?

"If you're coming, keep up," I told him. "I know how slow everyone is when they get back from college. All that partying."

"I didn't party," Geoff winked as he stood up. "At least, not as much as everyone else."

Everyone laughed around the table and I raised my eyebrows, sighing heavily and heading off the back porch, ignoring the sound of Geoff's feet behind me as he ran to catch up. Stopping at the tree line I could hear murmuring on the porch and I shut my eyes, taking a breath and stretching out my senses.

"...She'll be fine," came my mother's voice. "Maybe a little shocked at first..."

"I just don't know how she's going to handle it-"

"Are we running or taking in nature?" Geoff's voice cut off my eavesdropping and I faced him, regarding him wearily. "Come on Lulu," he sighed. "Can we just let the past hang in the past? I know you don't really like me, but you did some crazy shit to me as well."

"It was all provoked!" I told him haughtily. "You started it."

"Oh Goddess," he groaned.

Without another word he hurled himself into the thick forest, shifting into his wolf form. I heard his feet running away and I grit my teeth, allowing my wolf to come forward and take over. The moment she was in control she made us run after him, following the sounds of his paws on the earth, feeling the vibrations in every direction he ran.

Why was he suddenly so frustrated?

He did start it all!

"I'd say he really doesn't care anymore," my wolf told me as she run through a shallow creek. "The man is in his twenties now Lucy, I really don't think he cares about yours and his petty behavior throughout his youth. Just saying."

"Well I do," I told her. "He was mean."

"So were you," she snorted.

Shaking my head in irritation I ignored her and my wolf pushed on, her excitement growing at the feeling of catching up with Geoff. He seemed to be slowing down because the vibrations through the earth were becoming slower and slower until they just stopped.

Breaking through a line of trees, my wolf skidded to a stop lest we smash right into Geoff. His gray wolf stood on the edge of a cliff face, looking down at our small town. You could see everything up here, except the compound seeing as it was behind us. But I could see the High School and the big old church. I could make out people walking through the streets and cars driving.

"It's cool isn't it?" Geoff's voice floated through my mind and I jolted. "Being able to see so much, it's pretty awesome."

"Yeah," I muttered. "It is."

Geoff's wolf turned to face me and I watched as his eyes roamed over me, taking in my wolf form. I narrowed my eyes slightly, wondering what his next move was. Was he going to jump me? Maybe he was going to push me over the cliff.

"Can we start fresh Lucy?" He asked me suddenly. "Can we just move on and start new? Because I don't think either of us are the same people we were those years ago. I think we both deserve the chance to be the people we are now."

My wolf and I took a breath and I mulled over his words. Start fresh? It would be nice, and then maybe I wouldn't have to be so paranoid around him. Was he just trying to lure me into a false sense of comfort so I would be easier to prank? My wolf swished her tail nervously before I finally settled on a decision.