Chapter Fifteen

ETHAN'S POV:

I didn't know what to do. Cassie looked like she was in more pain than she was before. I felt a gust of wind attempting to push me away but I stood my ground, fixing my feet to the floor.

"What's happening?! Ethan! I'm scared!" Cassie called out to me over the wind, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Just breathe, you're okay. Just focus on breathing." I shouted back to her.

"I'm trying!" She raised her voice at me.

Again, the force of the wind made me stumble backwards until I was a few meters away from her. The more she panicked, the stronger the wind got and the range of it grew.

"Cassie, you need to calm down, panicking makes it worse." I shouted, trying to get through to her.

She didn't answer, all I could see was her crying as my heart ached for her. I decided to try to push against the wind to walk towards her. I pushed through it, straining as it's forces went against me. I just wanted to get to her.

Once I reached her, she was kneeling down on the floor, curled up. I collasped to my knees next to her, trying not to be blown away. The wind she created was making a sort of mini tornado around us and was getting higher and higher by the second.

"Cassie." I wrapped my arms about her, the purple glow framing her body, parted at my touch.

As soon as she felt me holding her, she relaxed in my arms and held onto my hoodie, balling her hands up.

"It hurts, it hurts so bad Ethan. I want it to stop." She whispered.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what to do. I want it to stop too. If I could take your pain away, I would." I said desperately, running my hand through her hair.

She looked up at me, even her tears were a pale lilac colour. Her eyes still glowed bright purple. Her skin was pale, she was worn out from fighting the pain.

The tornado around us grew. Soon pulling the truck towards us very slightly. It had already gathered plants and a small tree, and a lot of rocks and sand from the desert around us. Cassie noticed all of this happening as she looked around her. People started to watch at a distance from the gas station.

"I'm a monster." Cassie frowned.

"No no no, you're not a monster. You're amazing and beautiful." I said as I turned her face to look at me and not the chaos around her.

"But look what I'm doing." She looked up at the mess.

"You can't control it Cass, it's not you." I whsipered.

The noise of the wind was extremely loud as more people from the gas station stared in terror at two teenagers, dressed in black, in the middle of a small tornado.

Surprisingly, I wasn't scared. All my focus was on trying to calm Cassie down. I needed to take her mind off of what was happening, I needed to stop her panicking .

I used my first instict, placing my lips on hers. She held on to me as she kissed me back, her face wet with lilac tears. Our kiss was gentle as we enjoyed our lips being connected. During the kiss, I rubbed her back, tracing her spine.

As we both withdrew from the kiss, I noticed the wind around us had got quieter and had died down. Cassie's purple glow that surrounded her had flicked out and her tears were now clear. Soon, her bright purple eyes faded back to ice blue. All the things that had been caught up in the tornado had dropped around us, forming a sloppy circle.

The truck was still there, just a bit closer to us. A lot of people were still watching in shock but at a distance.

"It's gone." Cassie looked around.

"Are you okay? Does it still hurt?" I scanned her face.

"The pain stopped. I'm fine again." She sighed in relief.

I pulled her into a hug and took a deep breath, glad that she was no longer hurting. I hope that won't happen again.

"Thank God." I mumbled.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" She pulled away and looked at me in the eyes.

"No, no I'm fine. We're both fine." I nodded.

Some people started to walk towards us in confusion. One of them was on the phone.

"Shit, we better go." Cassie bit her lip. "If they call the police, the military will know where we are." She gulped.

"Come on, let's get back into Cecil." I said as I stood up, holding my hand out for Cassie to help her up.

"Cecil?" She frowned as I guided her to the truck.

"That's the truck's name. I've decided, now let's move." I nodded.

Double upload for you guys because I HIT 1K VIEWS! THANK YOU! I hope you're enjoying the story so far.

Since I know it can be a long time to wait for me to upload, you could check out the other Dolan stories I've written. (Only if you want to or if you're bored). Yes I know, self promo but idk you might enjoy my completed fanfic.

Also, I have news......
I'M MEETING THE FUCKING DOLAN TWINS ON THE 27TH OF OCTOBER!! I'm so excited!! Me and my real good friend Charcoal (not her actual name) is going to see them on tour and we have vip tickets boiiiii.
Sooo, if you've met the twins, pleaaaseee DM and tell me about your experience! I want to hear it and freak out with you. Lots of love xoxo

P.S, Sorry for long Author Notes... x

PEACE!✌