Chapter Eight

ETHAN'S POV:

We walked into the room, the main piece of furnitre in here was the double bed. There was a cabinet next to it and a small lamp. To my surprise there was actually a round window that you could see my car from, along with the rest of the street.

"If you need anything, come downstairs and find me." The woman said as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Cassie dropped her bag on the floor and collapsed onto the bed, lying on her back.

"It feels so good to lie down." She groaned.

"Is the bed comfy?" I asked as I jumped onto the bed, making Cassie bounce slightly.

"Comfier than the ground." She scoffed.

I led down on my back and looked up at the ceiling, it was filled with cobwebs. I glanced over at Cassie who was lying next to me, she was slightly shivering.

"Do you want me to get you a blanket?" I asked her as I sat up, ready to go and get one.

"No, it's okay." She smiled as she held onto my arm, stopping me from getting up. "If I want one I can get it, you've done way too much for me." She chuckled.

"It's just a blanket Cass." I smirked at her. She bit her lip, trying to hold in a smile. She pushed some of her hair behind her ear. "You're so beautiful." I whispered, wanting to remind her.

She looked up at me, her eyes glazing over with tears. Suddenly, she smashed her lips onto mine, causing me to lean back from the force.

Both her hands ran through my hair. I kissed her back intensively, so I wasn't leaning back anymore. My hand held the back of her neck firmly, keeping in control of the kiss.

Our lips moved passionately together as I gently bit her bottom lip. I could feel her smile into the kiss, causing me to smirk as well.

"We should probably um, go to sleep." I managed to breath out as we stopped making out. Our lips still a few inches apart, our hands still holding on to each other.

"Yeah we probably should." Cassie pulled her face away from mine slowly. She got up and began to rummage through her bag.

I didn't actually want to sleep. I could kiss her all night. But we had a long drive ahead of us tomorrow if we wanted to get to Toronto as fast as we can. I wasn't ready to get ready for bed yet, I would probably just sleep in my boxers.

Since we had no bathroom in our room, Cassie turned her back to me to get changed into shorts and a tank top. In her backpack she only had the clothes she wore during the day and her night clothes, along with a toothbrush, hairbrush and her cheap flip phone.

I glanced around to look at her. Her back was towards me and I could see the back of her blue bra, she already had her shorts on. I quickly diverted my eyes to the floor, I didn't want to stare at her whilst she was half naked and didn't know I was looking. That would be disrespectful. And creepy.

Once she was dressed, she sat back on the bed, on the opposite side that I was on. I turned around to face her.

"So you said that your foster home is in Montana? How did you get all the way to New Jersey?" I asked.

"Well, I knew that I was being hunted and I didn't want my foster family to get hurt so I packed some stuff and ran away. But the men dressed in black, not the military found me and knocked me out, tied me up and took me somewhere in the car. Next thing I knew, I was in New Jersey. They took me to a basement somewhere, stuck loads of needles in me, hurt me to test how my body reacts. Before they could kill me and drain all my blood I managed to escape. I was on the run for a week. Then I... ran into you." Cassie explained.