Chapter Eleven

CASSANDRA'S POV:

"STOP!" I screamed as one of the men kicked Ethan in the stomach. Ethan groaned in pain as I struggled in my chair. The other man kicked Ethan in the back, he winced in pain. "Please stop!" I yelled, holding back tears.

"Are you going to tell us all of your abilities?" Jay walked towards me.

"I told you, I don't know them all." I sighed desperately.

Jay clenched his jaw and waved his hand to the two men. The men picked up Ethan by both his arms as he struggled. They brought his closer to me and made him stand on the ground while he was restrained.

"Your name is Ethan, am I right?" Jay crossed his arms and spoke to Ethan as he nodded. "Choosing to help this girl was a bad decision. Look where it's put you." Jay motioned around the room.

When Ethan didn't answer Jay lightly cut Ethan's cheek with the knife. Ethan turned his head and winced.

"No! Let him go, this isn't about him." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I didn't want Ethan to get hurt. He didn't deserve it.

"I don't have time for this!" Jay shouted at me. "Ethan, which state do you live in?" He continued.

"Don't tell him anything Ethan!" I shook my head.

Ethan glanced over to me longingly, he tried to pull away from the men to get to me but Jay stood in front of him to block his view of me.

"Why do you want to know?" Ethan hissed at him.

"You don't need to know why." Jay walked towards me. "Just answer the question." He continued talking to Ethan as he eyed me up.

Ethan watched Jay walk around me, his eyes following Jay. Suddenly Jay slapped me across the face, his hand leaving a stinging sensation on my cheek.

"HEY!" Ethan growled. "Don't you dare fucking touch her!" He clenched his jaw, trying to get to us but he was being held back.

"Answer the question then, or we'll start having some real fun." Jay rasied his eyebrows.

"Ethan-" I started.

"Shut up." Jay put the knife next to my face.

He inched it closer to me until Ethan's face turned into an uncomfortable expression.

"New Jersey!" Ethan shouted. "Just, don't hurt her." He shook his head. Jay put the knife back in his belt and stepped towards Ethan.

"Sorry but she's going to die anyway so not hurting her isn't an option. We need her blood." Jay shrugged.

Tears streamed out of my eyes, I knew that I was going to die one day, but I didn't expect it to be today.

"No! I won't let you kill her!" Ethan yelled desperately.

Suddenly an alarm went off through the building, it echoed against the metal walls.

"BREACH!" I heard a man shouting in the distance.

"The military, they're here for the girl. We caught her, it's our blood." Jay said icily.

The men dropped Ethan and fled the room as Jay called after them angrily. As soon as Ethan was freed, he scrambled over to me. He immediately knelt down beside me and cupped my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked while stroking my cheek with his thumb. I nodded as he pulled on me chains, trying to free me.

Jay turned to face us and noticed, he pulled Ethan back and pushed him to the side.