Clark Kent(Superman) x Reader- Thought

"No--..."

Horrified.

Devastated.

"She's dead. Superman."

Brainiac just loved being the bearer of bad news or at least that was what Clark liked to believe. The way Brainiac had said it... without any emotion. It just made him angrier. Mad. He wanted to grab Brainiac by the shoulders and rip his head off, shoot laser beams through his skull, and throw him away like a piece of junk.

"Where is she!?"

"She is dead." Brainiac repeated. "Perhaps your inferior mind cannot comprehend this simple fact."

Superman charged for Brainiac only to be swarmed by a flurry of micro bots created by Brainiac himself. Superman's eyes grew an angry red as his laser vision flashed in his sight once again. Micro bots exploded here and there but more and more kept coming.

"Weak from rage?" Brainiac questioned. "I expected more from Earth's protector. Pitiful."

Superman hated how the android looked down upon him as if he were an insect.

No... it can't end like this.

"Getting rusty supes?"

Superman's eyes widened at the voice -- no way -- it couldn't be.

All of the bugs swarming him began to pay attention to the newcomer and swarmed towards her. Holding her hands up in front of her face, (Y/N) had powerful waves of fire shoot from the palms of her hands. The micro bots didn't know what hit them as they began to melt into puddles of goo.

"Too easy."

"Alive? Impossible. Your heart stopped beating." Brainiac said.

"That's not enough to keep me down." (Y/N) smirked. "I brought company too."

Right on schedule, a giant hole was busted through the wall by a familiar green lantern ring, and members of the Justice League began to fly in.

"Your rein of terror is over Brainiac." Came Batman's voice as he hopped out of his plane and grappled his way through.

"This is not possible. Command -- all forces protect the mind."

When Brainiac's reinforcements began to swoop in the Justice League found them all facing the minions Brainiac and were utterly slaughtering them. They really didn't stand a chance.

"Supes, feeling okay?" (Y/N) asked as he stood there dumbly, staring at all of the people he had come to know as comrades and companions.

"I thought..." He began.

"I know. I'm alive though. Breathing. Kicking. Totally fine!" (Y/N) laughed and holy cow was it nice to hear her laugh. Overtaken with an urge to grab her into his arms, he did just that, and pulled her roughly against his chest.

"Hey - it's alri-" (Y/N) couldn't even finish her sentence as he gave her a hard kiss - as if she would suddenly disappear if he didn't kiss her hard enough. (Y/N) found herself relaxing in his hold and attempting to kiss him back just as harshly -- but she knew it wouldn't be good to provoke him to do anything too strong seeing as he had super strength...

"Wow... what a greeting." She whispered as he pulled away from her. She stared at his lips... thinking about how short that kiss was... and she really wouldn't mind getting another one but...

"We're fighting here lovebirds." The Flash snickered as he punched a minion to the next town over.

"Right. Forgot about that."

A/N: Sorry this one was kinda short. I only had about a half an hour.