Laughing fits

** authors notes: quick sorry for slow updates but exams are coming up ! Also sorry for any English errors such as tenses changing, it's not my best subject.**

Word count:650

*flash back*
"You'll never be good enough! Why do you even try ?!"
"You're pathetic and a dig race your lack of wits makes an ant smart!"
"Get out and never come back you disappointment."

*back in the present*

" I'm sorry, I -"
"It's fine, honestly," you try your best to smile up at him and not let it show, but it's Mycroft we're talking about. Lucky he decides to drop the topic, passing 2 folders to you. " Do these then we're done."

* time skip*

'Should I tell him ?' You contemplate as you glance over at him while being stuck in the car with him. You realise that his pocket watch looks like it's about to fall out. After glancing for a good 5 minutes to the oblivious man next to you you can't take it anymore. " Jesus Christ, fix your God damn tie and your pocket watch ! For so,some who prides themselves on looking presentable all the time you-" you manage to stop yourself as you realise your out burst. He just stares at you wide-eyed for a moment before hurriedly fixing his apparent effort and putting his poker face on. " I'm sorry . I didn't..I don't know what came over me," you then decide to avoid verbal interactions and find interest in the outside world. He opens his mouth but decided it's better to leave the topic for another time since we're almost at the cafe.

Once you two pull up he takes a hold of your hand and adjusts the sleeves to cover the cuffs. You blush at the contact and look away. Missing the light dusting of pink which was also on his face. Then hand in hand you walk to meet Sherlock as well as John, who had decided to show up (or dragged there). 'Hopefully he'll be able to help negotiate and talk some sense into Sherlock.' " You two are such a cute couple," he states easily with a smirk while John can't help but hold in a smile himself." Sherlock please," he says once gathering himself and gestures for us to sit." Fine, fine. I have a deal. You two can beg me for 10 minutes straight on your knees right now and maybe I'll take them off ," his face and back straighten.' Bastard.'
" Well then , I'm sorry brother but you will be highly disappointed. There must be another alternative?"Mycroft butts in looking pissed.
" No."
" He's lying. If you two agree you like each other and go on a date hell are them off," John offers.

Sherlock takes that silence as a maybe and stands," Hhmmp. I'll leave you two for a bit, you have till seven. Well , John come along we have a case to solve." You turn to Mycroft who's deep in thought. " You know we could just go on a fake date if you don't like me back that way ?" You said before realising that you'd said to be considered a confession to the mastermind. Worst thing was that you couldn't even run away from the situation. ' Wow (y/n). Smooth move. It's one thing to stuff up and let it show but now you're gone and basically said it too.' " Excuse me?" Mycroft looks at you dumbfounded. " what do you think, who would like me back and you none the less. My perfect and super smart. I don't even stand a chance !"
" You do," you look up to him like you've heart him telling you he cared for everyone and didn't see it as a weakness. Because he did . Then you just burst out laughing. " oh my god ! That's the funniest thing I've heard today. And to think for minute I thought you were serious!" You get out .