Chapter 8

Bonding

And then I felt it. The strong bond weakening. I clutched my chest and kneeled down. I began to feel pain, like never before. I felt greatly weakened. What's going on, I just got discharged from the hospital moments ago.

The pain got greater and I thought it'd never stop. It became unbearable. I screamed aloud. I kept screaming, like there would be no tomorrow. I saw dark spots, so I didn't fight it. I gave in. At least the pain finally ended. I fell into the world of unconsciousness.

*****

"How much longer?"I heard Alex say.

"Any minute now."Paty responded. I opened my eyes to see what they were talking about. Who, rather. I lay in a hospital room, in a hospital bed. Someone held tight to my right hand, but I looked left first and saw Bella and Patricia.

"I'm alive?"I asked softly. That pain had to be fatal.

"Yeah. You left us a few times but we found a way to bring you back. You were never gone long enough to cause your triplets damage. So that's good."Patricia says. I nod and Hazel sighs in content.

'What happened?' I asked her.

'It's Andrew, he found his second chance.' She replies sadly. I frown.

"How did you bring me back?"I asked.

"Where is she?"I heard a familiar voice ask. I sat up on my elbows. Waiting. For whoever it was. Though I knew in my heart it was him. "Where the hell is she?!?"How I loved that voice. It used to send sparks down my spine. Now, it just sends shivers. Not bad shivers either. They were the kind that made you feel something. A raw emotion.

"What the hell did you do?"Andrew asks Kaden. Kaden looks confused.

"I DID NOTHING!!!"Kaden's sexy voice responded.

"Then why was she in a coma?"Andrew asks.

"How the hell would you know?" Kaden asks. Andrew looks surprised at Kaden's suspicious voice. "It's only been a week and I'm the only one allowed in her room."

"I felt it..."Andrew says with confusion.

"Felt it? So now you're saying Autumn is your mate?"Andrew looks at me as Kaden speaks. "Get the hell outta here, man."

Andrew leaves and so does Patricia and Bella. Leaving Kaden and I alone. I pull my hand away. Who does he think he is? Yet with that one action, I feel pain and heartbreak.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask Kaden. I stare into his cold dark eyes. He groans.

"Oh, come on. You guys dated or something?"He asked. I shake my head.

"We never really dated, but that gives you no right to control my life. Especially after what you've done." I say to him. He just stares at me.

"Are you talking about hitting you? Baby, I swore never to do it again. Besides, you know I love you. I don't know what I'd do without you." He takes both my hands into his, forcing me to lay on my side.

"I just can't-" I start off. He cuts me off.

"I'd die without you,"He begins applying pressure to my fingers. They begin to whiten, moreso than usual. "Do you want me to die, Autumn? Don't you love me, your mate? You want your mate to die, Autumn?" I shake my head furiously.

'Must forgive mate. But don't trust mate.' Hazel says weakly. I agreed, as per usual.

Pups come first, before even Kaden. I tell Hazel. This pregnancy seemed to brought on an unforeseen alliance between the both of us. Hopefully it lasts.

'Of course, it will. So long as you don't do anything stupid. So I guess that isn't very long, huh?' I roll my eyes at her remark.

"Of course not, baby. I love you."I plant a small kiss on his lips as he sighs in content. He lets my fingers go and I shake them, attempting to get my blood circulating again.

"I love you too, babe."He kisses my forehead and gets in the bed with me. I hold him close to me and consider everything that's happened.

He hurt me, twice. And I had to go to the hospital. The next morning, Andrew found his new mate. Which left me in a coma for...

"How long was I out?" I ask Kaden.

"A week."He replies.

So I'm eight weeks pregnant, already through 20% of my pregnancy. I look down at my belly. There's already a bump. A larger bump than usual. And my breast are bigger, almost bigger than my belly. But pregnancy does that to you. Pretty soon, I won't be able to see past either of them.

"I have to go to school, tomorrow."I tell Kaden. He whacks my arm.

"Sleep, now." He sounds as if he's asleep already. I nod, closing my eyes.

'Can you feel that?' Hazel asks.

'Feel what?'I ask her.

'Our pups.' She says. I lie still. I don't feel anything. At least not physically.

'What do you feel?'

'One of our pups. They're happy.' Hazel says awed. Now that I know what I'm looking for, I can sort of feel it. It's like Hazel. A secondary emotion. An emotion I can feel, but not be affected by. 'Keep talking, they like the sound of our voice.' I nod.

"Well baby, I have a story to tell..." I whispered. And that's how my night went. Me, telling my babies all the fairytales I could think of. Until we both were asleep.