Chapter 4

When I'm Gone

"Let me take you to Rio Rio. Fly on the ocean like an Eagle Eagle."The radio played. I drank someone else's juice while adults secretly alcohol. The children drank juice, for obvious reasons.

Cleo had a cup of Jack Daniels. She started wobbling and some of it fell out. I'd apparently forgotten the good feeling of being drunk. My wolf hasn't, and she wouldn't let me forget the cons either.

"Oops!" Cleo giggled. Alex came and sat next to me.

"How does it feel to not drink at a party like this?" Alex asked. She held a cup of juice as well.

"I...I... I don't know. My wolf won't let me reminisce on the good parts of being drunk."I sighed. "I wanna leave town, blow off some steam. Wanna go with me, to Australia?" I hadn't really thought it through. But I know I wanted to go. I've always wanted to go there one day. I stood up and held out a hand. She grabbed it and I pulled her up.

"Sure."

We ran outside. Then we walked to my house. We left Deena's Quinceañera. I'm sure everyone had fun. All immortals were there. Well, all immortals in the area. Deena was born near Mexico. She wanted her party to be traditional.

As soon as we got to the house my mother was there, with Patricia.

"Mom. I'm so sorry for how I've acted. It wasn't fair for you or anyone in the family for that matter. I was just- I don't know what came over me.

I just have to start making the right decisions. Especially if i'm gonna have a family of my own one day." I asked her.

She looked at me hard. Then all of a sudden her look softened.

"Autumn. You are definitely my daughter. And I love you more than I ever loved anything or anyone. I will always and forever forgive you." She said. Then we hugged each other.

"I love you too, Mom." Then I pulled away. "Can Alex and I go on to Australia? Can we go away?" I asked.

"No boys."I added. Mom smiled at me. "Two weeks."

" Of course, but contact me everyday. If you forget just contact me the next day."

" I'll be their chaperone." Patricia said.

" Ok." My mom said. I squealed then jumped up and down.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Mom, I love you." I ran up stairs and started to pack.

I mindlinked the other girls and they've been confirmed. We're all going to Australia. After packing, I lay on my bed. It's been nearly two weeks since I'd gotten some real sleep.

In two days, I'll be on a plane to Australia. But first I have to get through my parents anniversary party tomorrow.

I lay there and wait for sleep to take over. Of course, it doesn't.

*****

I groan in pain. I was extremely tired and my feet are totally killing me. I guess that it's the side effects of the pills or something. The doorbell rings again. I sigh in anger before stomping down the stairs, which did nothing for my aching feet.

"Why don't you just walk in?" I grunt as I open the door. "Saves me the- oh." It's Andrew.

He wore navy blue sweat pants and an equally dark grey sweater. On his shoes were his grey Jordan's. Andrews long dark hair was wet and touseled. His green eyes were unusually dull and he had bags over his eyes. He looked worn out, to say the least.