Chapter 9

Olympus Falling

I sit on my bed next to Andrew, eating popcorn. I toss them in my mouth, one at a time.

"This movie is crappy. It can never live up to the book. I mean, The Host was a great book without taking out the best scenes and changing lines."He says. I smile, continuing to eat my popcorn. "Why can't they just put all scenes in the movie?"

"Because of costs and such. Besides, who wants to see a four hour long movie?"I ask him. His face expresses his frustration. The furrowed eyebrows. The adorable frown. After a few moments, his face lights up.

"You girls like the titanic too, right? I mean that movie was sooo long." He tells me. I grin.

"You've seen the titanic? And you liked it? Not many guys admit to that."I grin from ear to ear. His ears begin to brighten, turning a beautiful shade of red.

"Well, I have a sister. And... And then there's Olympia." I cringe at the name, Andrews new mate. "I'm always around girls." He says chuckling.

"Well, no wonder you're so charming."He grins again.

"Only for you, Autumn."I grin at his endearing words.

'If only you hadn't rejected him...' Hazels tone is sarcastic but she sighs happily.

'I had to. He doesn't need to carry my burdens.' I tell her. I don't deserve to let him carry my burdens.

'And Kaden does?'

'You're telling me you don't remember? All the pain he's caused us?'

'He had issues then, as he does now. And yes, it's true he's caused us pain; but you let it destroy you. You let him, his actions, destroy who you truly were. And that's not okay. You're more than that, better than that. You're not paying for his mistakes anymore, you're paying for your own.' Hazel replies. She's instantly shut me up. She's right of course. I made the choice to dwell on the past and not move on to the future.

'Exactly, so you should definitely put the moves on Andrew.' I could imagine her wriggling her eyebrows. Hazel is so hormonal, as am I. I wonder if the pregnancy hormones effect her too.

'Do they?'

'A bit. Which reminds me, we need to start thinking of plans. Furniture, breast feeding, sleeping arrangements. The babies are coming soon. 21 weeks. You need to start preparing your breast to be drunken from.'

'Oh, well ok.'

"And then the football player said, Autumn smells like ass."Andrew says. I gasp slapping his arm.

"Who said that?"

"I did just now, duh Autumn. Where was your head anyways?"He says laughing. I consider what Hazel said. Should I act on it? Go in for the kiss? I look at the tv, Jared and Melanie are at the cabin. It's raining and they're kissing. I look back at Andrew.

"I was talking to Hazel." I tell him. I glance away from his daring green eyes, to his beautiful pink lips. He notices. I slowly move in.

"What about?"He asks, moving in too.

"This."I grab the back of his head with my hands. His hair was so long and soft. Like cotton candy or something. How romantic of me to say that, I think sarcastically. I snap back to reality.

I'm kissing Andrew. Hazel is ecstatic. There is a deep fire going on within me. Andrew has his hand in my hair as well. The other is holding my neck, forcing us closer together. The kiss is heavy with need and desire. It's been far too long.