Eight

Kilorn was being so annoying today, he kept insisting we go check up in Maven's room. Honestly, I wanted to also, but Sentinels weren't supposed to be in the king's room.

Ever since the bombing incident, no they haven't come with a clever name for it. Though the were considering calling it the royal burst, bet they wish Elara was around to give it a proper name but she wasn't. Anyway ever since that happened the security has been an edge, extra drills, guards outside Maven's door at all times. Only the head of the guard owned a key to Mavens room. He didn't even allow maids in there without supervision.

Ptolemus Samos has been missing for about two days now, the few times I've seen Evangeline I hid attempting to restrain myself from full out murdering the girl.

She's been o a wreck since her brother's gone missing, Maven hadn't done much to comfort her, jerk husband. He seemed to spend allot of time in his room, after the bombing attack. Mare where are you?

Kilorn and I were struggling to get on the schedules for the king's room. While Cameron was struggling to keep her cool, she was working in the kitchen and almost threw a razor sharp spork (I see you lilmisseevvee) at a complaining sliver. She was also having trouble being put on the schedule to clean Maven's room, she was trying to buddy up to the head maid, but Cameron wasn't exactly charming.

"Honestly, I say we signal Farley to blow holes throughout the Castle and get this over with," Cameron said frustrated she was now on probation, for muttering inappropriate language within a slivers presence.

"And what about Mare?" Kilorn asked in his sentinel uniform. No expression but he sounded angry, and frustrated, and annoyed, and upset, mixed with sadness. Angrily Sad. How was that even possible? How was rescuing someone, who you had no lock on her location possible? How was is even possible that after all that's happened with Mare from watching her kiss Maven onboard of my father's ship, to snipping off my father's head, I was still madly in love with her.

Ever since she left I spent hours lying awake, the only time I could sleep is when exhaust had taken me out. Sometimes I'd had Kilorn purposely knock me out, or pissed off Cameron and passed out.

"She'll be okay, I think" Cameron's voice lowers, her face freely flaming. No one would question it.

"Wow, Cameron if you're gonna be two-faced at least make on of the pretty." Kilorn retaliated, to was weird, Kilorn was rarely rude first. He and Cameron seemed to have this raging war between the two.

I could tell Cameron was also sorta flustered by Kilorn's retaliation. Kilorn's voice sounded strangely smug "What can I say, I love to slay"

"Your rhymes are terrible and so are you,Otherwise," I say turning my back on him, I honestly Should've went stayed by myself, but I gotta admit it was nice having someone to talk to in this mad house Maven calls a Court.

"I'm gonna go check up on the schedules", maybe we could run into Carlo'Otherwise known as Maven's favorite bakery, I remembered the lazy days when we would 'sneak' out of a castle, of course, Sentinels would low-key follow us, but it was still pretty cool. We felt like ninjas laughing and biting into the best cupcakes in town.

My heart tightened as I entered the locker room for the sentinels, Kilorn and I were both known as silencers. Kilorn because he was practically useless on a battlefield and me because no one in Norta was a burner unless they were apart of the royal family.

First I scanned for my name Calvin (Cal for short) Arven, instead of just being assigned to rounds, I was assigned to a station. The king's bedroom itself. And as if dad was smiling down at me Killegan Arven was placed right next to mine. Killegan otherwise known as Kilorn was assigned to Mavens room at the same exact time.