Prologue

Note: Above is a video from Amber Run called I Found that really goes along well with the plot of this story :)

My name is Angel and I was never meant to be born. Daryl Dixon didn't want a family so he left us. At least, that's what my mother, Mandy Lopez, told me. I'd never been able to decipher if she'd been telling the truth or not. It wasn't until this outbreak happened that I finally heard the full-story she'd been keeping from me. My father didn't leave us, he left her. 

He didn't even know I existed. And maybe he didn't want to. A week later, my mother got bit. My step-father tried to save her but...he got bit too in the process. I had to shoot the both of them after that. It was the worst night of my life... I don't think I'll ever forget it...

After that, I packed up and went out on my own. There was nothing left for me at home. No family to go back to. No, this world had stolen everything from me...

The day I met them, I thought everything would end for me then and there. I thought they'd kill me on sight. But they didn't. Instead they took me in. They taught me how to survive in this messed-up world. I thought they were the best people I could have hoped to find...but they had a dark side.

I found that out not long after staying with them. They were murderers, traitors, liars and thieves. But my mother was dead now - I didn't have any family left...or so I'd thought. So one night, I gathered up the few belongings I had and took off. I thought I was scot-free. But someone has been following me...and I fear for my life...