Chapter 11

"Marko!" I exclaimed quietly and threw up an arm, feigning excitement.

"Bel-laaa...?" Marko replied hesitantly as he gave me a slow once over. "Did I...come too early?" He asked, looking down at his wristwatch then back up at me.

I looked down at my clothes and literally wanted to face palm myself for not at least throwing on a bra.

Well fuck me sideways, I thought to myself and let go of the door handle.

"Of course not!" I scoffed and waved away his question. "You know how us girls can be! Always fashionably late!" I sang, hoping my awkward charm would deter Marko from constantly glancing down at my erect nipples.

"Of course." Marko replied with a grin. "May I come insi-"

"NO!" I shouted, cutting him off mid-sentence as my hands rose to prevent him from coming any closer.

Marko then rose a brow at me and took a step forward.

"I mean...eventually you can, buuut not right now." I blurted out as my eyes avoided Marko's questioning gaze. "I've gotta take a quick shower and get dressed first."

"I can wait downstairs." Marko suggested with a tempestuous smirk as his eyes glazed over with lust.

Oooh no ya don't, I thought to myself and internally cringed at the thought.

I mean he was sexy and everything but I was with Jonathan.

...bitch, what?

"Go wait in the car or something!" I suggested and shoved Marko out the door, slamming it closed behind him.

"Are you serious?" I heard him shout from the other side.

"I'll be quick!" I shouted back and turned around to run upstairs only to run into the brick wall that was Jonathan.

Crap. I forgot he was still here.

He steadied me in his arms before I could stumble backwards and stifled a laugh.

"Careful now. Who was that?" Jonathan asked as he nodded towards the door behind me.

I laughed off his question and patted his chest playfully.

"Just some neighbors welcoming me to the neighborhood."

"After all this time?" Jonathan questioned, his suspicion growing.

"Better late than never, right?" I asked and forced a smile with a casual shrug.

"You don't have to lie." Jonathan replied as he leaned down to touch his forehead to mine. "I heard you yell. Now answer me truthfully - who was it?"

"Listen, about our date..." I began and watched as Jonathan slowly stood upright with narrowed eyes.

"You're not going with me...are you?" He asked and gripped my shoulders as he brought his face closer to mine again.

I shook my head and released a heavy sigh.

I didn't want to lie to him. I was going to tell him anyways.

Eventually...

"Then who are you-?" Jonathan began to ask until he stopped himself mid-question and averted his gaze behind me. "Marko." He growled and lightly pushed me out of the way before stalking towards the door.

Damn he was a good guesser.

"Jonathan, wait!" I shouted and ran after him, wrapping my arms around his waist before he could reach for the door.

"I told you that bastard would try some shit like this, didn't I?" Jonathan growled and spun around in my arms. "You're not going out with him."

Hold up, boo. Pump ya brakes.

Last time I checked your name was not Richard Brown.

"Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback by Jonathan's tone.

"He's a snake, Chelle." Jonathan replied sternly and gripped my shoulders. "I won't let you leave this house with him."

"Why not?" I questioned and narrowed my eyes at him. "We're not even together."

Jonathan jerked back as if the last part stung and I instantly regretted even thinking up those words as I watched his face fall.

"You're right." Jonathan replied and released me from his hold. "Let me know how things turn out." He added and shrugged off the hand I outstretched to pull him back as he began to walk away.

"Wait." I begged and followed him outside. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"I'm just a booty call, right? An expendable fuck?" Jonathan growled as he spun around and glared down at me.

"I never said-" I began to protest until Jonathan held up a hand to silence me.

"Save it, Michelle." He cut in, his tone like daggers through my heart.

Feeling exhausted and defeated I just simply watched as Jonathan walked away towards his house until suddenly he stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder at something.

Before I could even say anything Jonathan was already stalking over to Marko's car and rounding the driver's side.

"Jonathan..." I began hesitantly and started walking over to him.

Once he abruptly swung open Marko's car door and yanked him out by his collar I broke into a jog.

"Don't!" I shouted and winced as I watched Jonathan shove Marko up against his car.

"If you lay a single finger on her I'll wipe the floor with your ass, comprende?" Jonathan growled lowly and slammed Marko against the car again when he didn't reply.

"Vale, whatever." Marko acquiesced smugly and held up his hands in defense.

Jonathan then glared at Marko for a moment and released his collar almost reluctantly before walking up to me and saying,

"Be careful."

"I will." I murmured and watched as Jonathan stood there having an internal battle with his conscience.

I let out a silent sigh as he suddenly walked away but had to whip in a breath just as quickly as he doubled back and quickly kissed my forehead. I forced back a smile and watched Jonathan walk into his house - all the while running a frustrated hand through his hair.

"You two are quite the pair." Marko suddenly said, completely shattering the moment.

I looked over my shoulder at him and rolled my eyes.

"I'll be ready in thirty minutes." I said and quickly jogged into the house, not caring enough to wait for Marko's reply.

Could this night get any worse?