Chapter 9

*DISCLAIMER: This chapter is kinda on the racy side, plus it's my first attempt at a love scene, so read it at your own risk!

*****

When I woke up the next day, my subconscious grinned at the memories of last night and earlier that morning.

If I only learned one thing last night it was that Jonathan was utterly insatiable when it came to sex - and he was good at it too. After coming about eight times I decided to stop counting once another wave hit.

Jonathan seemed to have a thing for making his sexual counterpart have a more pleasurable experience than he did and I couldn't say that I entirely hated it. The only dilemma I found myself running into was fatigue, which was kinda hard to believe after seeing how much work Jonathan put in himself.

I rolled over in my bed and sat up with a start when I realized Jonathan was gone. I then kicked off the sheets and stumbled out of bed before glancing down at the clock.

That bastard.

It was 2:35 in the evening. In the next twenty-five minutes I would have just missed my entire first day as Vega & Associates' new accountant.

Coming to terms with the inevitable, I let out a defeated huff, plopped back down on the bed and slumped my shoulders as I picked up the phone and reluctantly dialed my new job.

I cringed each time the phone rang until Marko's assistant Cynthia, answered the phone.

"Good evening, Cynthia - this is Michelle."

"Oh Michelle, Mr. Vega is pretty upset about your absence today." Cynthia scolded.

"I know, I apologize for oversleeping." I blurted out and faced-palmed myself when I heard Cynthia let out a shocked gasp.

"You overslept?" She whispered.

"She what?" I heard a man shout in the background.

Marko.

I laid back down on my bed with an audible thud and closed my eyes.

"Mr. Vega would like a word with you, excuse me." Cynthia suddenly said.

As she handed the phone off to Marko I mentally prepared myself for a verbal beating and sighed prematurely with the loss of yet another job.

"I'd like to discuss your absence over dinner." Marko ordered sternly. "I'll pick you up at 7."

"S-sure?" I replied confusedly.

"Good - wear something sexy." Marko growled lowly and quickly hung up.

I pulled the phone from my ear and simply stared at it, hoping that Marko had taken the phone and moved out of Cynthia's earshot before he said those departing words.

*****

About an hour later my doorbell rang and I knew exactly who it was, but I didn't feel like talking to him right now. I was angry. Angry at him for making me miss my first day at work and even angrier for having me wake up to an empty bed. After sitting and thinking about it for a while I could only come to one conclusion:

Jonathan had let me oversleep on purpose.

Once I checked my alarm and saw that it had been manually turned off that's when I finally knew I was right.

The doorbell rang again and my eyes automatically rolled in my head. Reluctantly, I got up off of my couch and walked over to the door, slowly unlocking it then pulling it open with my hand on my hip.