Chapter 15

Chapter 15-

May 28th, 2013

Kellin's POV:

"I don't want to go." Vic said leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Come on, It's fine. Danny probably won't even be there." I said.

"Can't we just skip school today? Just you and me. We can do whatever you want." Vic said, trying to convince me. We were in his car in the parking lot of the school building and as much as I didn't want to go to school and face things, I learned that 'it's better sooner than later'. Kevin told me these things sometimes.

"What I want to do is go to school. It will be fine, I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you." I said. He tilted his head up to look at me. I leaned down and pecked him on the lips softly.

"Okay, fine." Vic said, giving into my actions.

We got out of the car and walked into the school building. As soon as we got in every single person immediately planted their eyes on us. I squeezed Vic's hand to let him know that I was sort of nervous but when I looked at him I could tell he was more nervous than I was. As we turned the hallway, we saw Jaime, Mike, Justin and Gabe standing together. I finally remembered all of Vic's friends names.

"Hey." Vic said. They all looked at him and gave him disappointing looks.

"You didn't hear yet." Gabe said.

"Hear what?" Vic asked.

"Danny was put in the hospital. His head injuries were so serious that....." Gabe said not finishing his sentence.

"That what?!" Vic said seriously. He looked at me than back at Vic.

"He might not make it." Justin said, completing Gabe's sentence. At that moment, I felt like I was just stabbed in the back. Vic looked at me nervously. I let go of his hand and backed away a little. He stepped towards me and grabbed both my hands.

"Kellin, it's okay. Don't freak out, it's fine." he said.

"No, Vic. It's not. He could die! I might have killed him!" I said.

"No you didn't. Please don't think about it like that." he said.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I ran from Vic and into the bathroom. I turned on the sink and splashed my face with some water. I leaned my elbows on the rims of the sink.

If I was this upset about killing Danny, a guy that meant nothing to me, I would never be able to do this to Vic. I don't want to do this anymore. I should never have come here. I'm really starting to like Vic and I can't imagine myself doing this to him.

"Kellin." I heard Vic say from behind me.

"Vic, I can't do this." I said.

"It's okay babe." Vic said. He put his arms around my waist. It felt so comforting just to know it was him.

"No, it's not." I said turning around to look at him, "What's gonna happen if he dies? What are his parents gonna do? How would they feel? I can't believe this I just-" I started rambling to Vic shut me up with a kiss. I relaxed against his lips and kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. After a little while I pulled back realizing we were in a public place. No one was in there anyways.

"Listen, as long as you're with me you'll be okay." Vic said comfortingly.

"Okay." I said blushing and giving into his adorableness. We walked out of the bathroom and back to Vic's friends.

"Are you okay?" Jaime asked. I grabbed Vic's hand and held it in mine.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said looking at Vic. He looked back at me and pecked me on the cheek. I smiled and blushed.