Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

May 26th, 2013

Kellins POV:

"Are you sure you don't want me to teach you how to drive? Because you're in high school, and in this time people your age drive. Like Vic." Kevin said. 

"Well i'm not gonna be in 'this time' for much longer, so what does it matter?" I said, putting air quotes around 'this time'. I saw Jaime use air quotes once and it seemed to amuse everyone so I figured I could try it and maybe it will work. I rolled my eyes and frowned at the words I had just said. It's not like I wanted to leave this time period anytime soon, but was it really my choice?

We pulled up to Vic's house and I got out of the car, "I'll ask Vic to drive me home." I said. Kevin gave me a thumbs up sign as he drove off. I walked up to the door and knocked on it. Mike opened it up blasting music on his phone.

"Hey Kellin." he said.

"Hey." I answered back cheerfully.

"Vic's upstairs." he said pointing upwards. 

"Thanks." I said. I walked up the stairs and tried to locate Vic's room. I heard commotion in one room so I opened the door. It was Vic's room. I walked into the room and closed the door. Vic wasn't in his room but there was a door connecting to it. I'm guessing it's like, the bathroom or something. I heard noise coming from inside the door.

"Vic?" I said. The noise and commotion stopped for a second then continued. It sounded like he was crying. I heard the soft whimpers and it made me really nervous. I walked to the door and turned the door knob. When I walked in Vic looked up. His eyes got wide when he saw me. I looked down at his arm that he was holding out in front of him. As I took a closer look at his arm I gasped and put my hand over my mouth, with my eyes as wide as they could get.

There was blood streaming down from the horizontal lines on his arm. He had a sharp blade-like object in his other hand, which also had blood on it. There was also blood splattered around the sink. Seeing all this blood reminded me of war times, where I was originally from. I started tearing up and when I looked at Vic he had already been crying, and judging by his face he had been crying for a while.

"Kellin....I...what are you doing here?" he asked.

"You told me to come over... but Vic what are you doing? What the fuck is this?" I asked. I started crying and he tried stepping towards me, but I backed up.

"Babe, don't be scared, i'm sorry." he said. He looked like he was dizzy from the blood loss.

"We will talk about it after I stop the bleeding." I said. Without any thought, I rushed over to him and ran his arm under the water. He screamed a bit, i'm guessing because of the pain. "Do you have a first-aid kit?" I asked.

"Under the sink." he said. I opened the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a box that said 'First-Aid' in big, orange letters. I knew exactly what to do because when with my dad, he would sometimes teach me how to save people when they were injured. 

I opened the box and took out a bandage wrap. I took out the disinfectant spray and quickly sprayed it on Vic's arm. He cried a little more do to the pain. I wrapped the bandage wrap around his arm. When it was fully covering his wounds, I tied it up and looked into his glassy-looking eyes. I have never had to deal with something like this before. I have with the injuries, but self-harm and the pain  I saw in Vic's eyes.

***VIC'S POV:

"How..... how did you know how to do that?" I asked, sniffling from my crying.

"I don't really know much about a lot of things..... but I know a lot about injures. But it doesn't matter. You're okay." he said. He grabbed me and hugged me. I could hear him crying even more which made me break out in tears.