Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation

Start from the beginning

"Pwede ba tayong mag-usap kuya? May kailangan lang ako i-consult sayo."

"Sige, shoot."

"Kuya, nung buntis ba si Ate Juday, nag-aano ba kayo?"

"Nag-aano?"

"Yung ano.....yung ano." He was looking at Ryan with eyebrows raised, both hands positioned as though he were about to clap.

"Yung ano ngaaaa?"

"Kuya Ryan naman eh, may halo pang alaska eh."

"Hahahaha, bat hindi mo masabi? Malay ko ba kung yun nga tinutukoy mo?"

"Basta yung ano....lam mo na yun."

"Sex ba ibig mong sabihin?" Alden nodded and grimaced, afraid someone would hear and put a finger to his lips.

"Oo naman, hanggang mga seven months siya."

"Hindi ba masama yun?"

"Grabe ka, di ka ba nagreresearch?"

"Nagresearch ako, nabasa ko naman pwede, kaya lang palaging masama pakiramdam niya eh. Parang nagi-guilty ako na mag ganon kami baka di niya kaya. Lagi nga mainit ulo eh."

"Talagang iinit ulo niya kulang sa dilig eh. Dapat nagconsult ka sa OB. Pero kung wala namang sinabi na maselan pregnancy niya then you don't have to worry."

"Nami-miss rin kaya niya yun?"

"Naman, siyempre. Inaraw-araw mo tapos bigla mong tatanggalin, iinit talaga ulo non. Bro, ang babae, gusto nila yung minamanyak sila kasi lambing naman natin sa kanila yun eh. Naku Alden, bumawi ka."

"Oo nga kuya, parang masisira na ulo ko. Sige, sige, mamaya babawi ako sa kanya."

-----

Alden took Maine home right after Eat Bulaga so that she could take a nap while he prepared his surprise for her. He wanted to give Maine her very first baby shower, something just the two of them would celebrate. He regrets not thinking of this sooner, they never really celebrated the announcement of their twins, even after it was already reported in the news. He got so consumed with watching Maine's well-being to the exclusion of everything else. Now was the time to make up for that.

He quickly set up a party table complete with décor, festive sweets and refreshing lemonade to counter her nausea. While she was still sleeping, he quickly showered and changed, getting into a comfy white shirt and shorts. He slid into the bed beside her, spooning her body close to his, nuzzling her neck. She stirred, burrowing herself deeper into his body, wrapping his arm closer to her.

"Baby, wake up na. Mmmmm, you smell so good." He couldn't resist putting a hand over her breast, gently stroking her, loving the feel of a pebbled tip. He had to restrain himself, wanting her to see his surprise first. Save the best for last, he told himself, tempering his desire.

She stretched gracefully, turning to him and smiled. She seemed in a good mood, the nap doing her good. He smiled back, reaching out a hand to trace her lips, then kissed her. But just as she was about to deepen the kiss, he pulled back, noting her confusion.

"Kain na tayo babe, I'm sure gutom ka na." He got up and helped her up, admiring her long legs and the way her breasts seem fuller despite the weight she lost.

"Anong meron?" She asked, looking at him in puzzlement.

"Huh? Wala," He deadpanned. He got out his phone, switched it to video mode and started taking a video of her as they were going out of the bedroom.

"Eh bat mo ko kinukunan ng video?"

"Dinodocument ko paglaki ng baby, daming tanong ha."

"Oh my goodness, Alden ano to?"