Chapter 10. Ruthless Rage.

Start from the beginning

Soon....I was dragged by the kids of the community to join them in celebration and I danced and laughed to my heart's content forgetting about what Rage was upto....

"He isn't back yet?" I ask when I finally managed to steal myself away from the cute kids who were dragged home by their mothers because it was way past their bed time.
I sat down on the stairs beside Martin who has been keeping a watch on me since the last two hours.
It was way past midnight.
I wanted to go home.
"He has some business to attend to." He again replied with a vague answer.
"Allright. Enough with this business crap, Martin. Take me to Rage. Right now." I demanded.
"Ma'am I don't think its the right time to see him." He said looking away from scrutinising gaze.
"Martin." I raised my voice, having enough of his vague answers.
"Take me to Rage. RIGHT NOW." I almost shouted.
He sighed defeated.
"Ma'am you won't be able to see what's happening right at this moment as we speak."
"I don't care. Take me to Rage, Martin." I shouted this time.
I hated secrets.
My father was enough of them.
I didn't want to feel that way with Rage too.

Reluctantly he held his elbow towards me. I grabbed my heels, thanked the elder ladies of their gratitude and made my departure, hooking my arm on Martin's elbow.
"He is at his...mansion. Its right across the field that you two visited earlier. Nobody is allowed to go there apart from you and myself. Zenon is a very private person and likes to keep to himself." Martin informs me.
"What is it that he is doing that has you so worried to take me to see him?" I ask him.
He sighs...
"I don't think I am the right person to tell you this. But as I have seen you two getting closer than ever before, tonight. I think you have every right to see what he does to those who stand against him and harm those who look upto him. If you are to agree to a marriage union with him. Than you hold every right to know everything about Zenon. But I am reluctant because I do not think you will be able to handle what You see when I take you home." He honestly replies.

"Before we step inside. I want you to know something, Scarlett." Martin stops us on the porch of Rage's wide and huge white mansion that stood tall behind the field like a proud mountain.
I nod.
"Whatever you see inside. I want you to be open minded about it. I want you to give him a chance to explain. I request this of you."

"Okay." I say and bravely step in.
Whatever it is. It must be huge for him to be so nervous about it.

What I didn't expect was for Rage to step into the foyer just as we entered.
My skin crawls at the sight ahead of me.
He was covered in blood.
His white tshirt smeared with blood and his hands taking off gloves that were glistened with blood. By the way his dark pants glistened, I could tell they were covered in blood too.
He looked....ruthless.
Like the devil himself possessed Rage's bod.
"Scarlett." Rage's eyes go big with shock when he sees me. His gloves drop down on the floor making a slurping sound against the white tiled floors.
I let go of Martin's elbow and swallowed the bile that was trying to come out of my throat.
As if on cue, two men came carrying a black body bag dripping with blood from the room Rage came from. Rage stepped aside as he watched in horror, his men carrying a dead body right infront him.
Did he kill this person?
Right behind them, a middle aged couple sobbed arm in arm while making their way out.
We all stood frozen in one place.
My blood running cold as my vision blurred from the images of my past playing in my head.
"Scar....let me explain." He said making his way towards me.
But I didn't.
Too afraid of him coming close to me in his bloodied body, I ran grabbing my dress to god knows where.
All I know is I wanted to be far far...away from him.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING BRINGING HER HERE AT THIS TIME?" I heard Rage scream but I didn't pay mind.

I left.